Honda Spree Bodywork + Introduction

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

fredbaly
Noob
Noob

Honda Spree Bodywork + Introduction

Post by fredbaly »

Good Morning Honda Spree Community.
I have been working on a Honda Spree restoration for a while now.. It is a very low priority build but means a lot to me.
I found a picture of my father and I running around Bermuda on one back in the day.
Turns out I had picked one up as a pit bike a year before finding the picture.
I am slowly restoring it, in hopes to give it to him as a present...

Currently the frame was just powder coated and I can't wait to pick it up..

While this is all exciting...
I have wanted to see if anyone was interested in getting plastics for the sprees,.
I own a "small" business making race fairings (SharkSkinz) and was going to venture into building a set of molds.
If you guys are interested or need some replacements I could make it available to the forum
Just wanted to get a feel of what people think. Depending on the response will dictate how I make my set.

Best Regards
Fred
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Honda Spree Bodywork + Introduction

Post by eclark5483 »

You talking about trying to recreate them, or redesigning them? I was looking at the prices on your website for various panels on various bikes and I'm not quite sure that would align with the budgets of alot of the guys who own/ride Sprees. This might be lucrative on a more modern bike because if someone can afford one of those, they can probably afford a plastics upgrade. But a Spree is over 30 years old. Plastics are already hard to come by, and are already out of the price range of a lot of the guys.... With that being said, I think there would probably be a market for some of the more hard to get pieces like the petcock cover or the 84-86 glovebox... Do you happen to have a 3-d model of a proposed fairing?
fredbaly
Noob
Noob

Re: Honda Spree Bodywork + Introduction

Post by fredbaly »

Pricing would be addressed... These parts are far easier to build then our race bodywork.
They would be replicas. Not modified.

Only interested to do it because it would be fun.

No 3D renderings I would just fix my set and recreate...