1994 Honda elite s speed questions and ideas

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

beeksrs
Noob
Noob

1994 Honda elite s speed questions and ideas

Post by beeksrs »

I just bought a 94 elite s 50 cc My question is top speeds...I am 210 lbs and I am struggling to get 34 mph out of this. I checked exhaust, took the plate off the back of the clutch, tried more air, and it has an aftermarket cdi. But not sure what else is done to this thing cause it will pick the wheel off if I sit back a little. It takes off super good but maxes out like I said around 34 mph. Before I did those mods I was getting 28 mph. Any ideas what to look for or what my next options are? I read a lot of these going 40 mph almost stock! Thank you for any ones help.
ansneds
Spree
Spree

Re: 1994 Honda elite s speed questions and ideas

Post by ansneds »

My elite was hitting that speed also after I derestricted it. I bought a polini variator and I can hit just over 40mph on a flat road. My elite is basically stock besides that.
Currently own:
->1995 Honda Elite 50 (Derestricted)
Have previously owned:
->Multiple 94-01 Elite 50s
->1985 and 1986 Honda Sprees
->1985 Honda Aero 50
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

beeksrs wrote:I just bought a 94 elite s 50 cc My question is top speeds...I am 210 lbs and I am struggling to get 34 mph out of this. I checked exhaust, took the plate off the back of the clutch, tried more air, and it has an aftermarket cdi. But not sure what else is done to this thing cause it will pick the wheel off if I sit back a little. It takes off super good but maxes out like I said around 34 mph. Before I did those mods I was getting 28 mph. Any ideas what to look for or what my next options are? I read a lot of these going 40 mph almost stock! Thank you for any ones help.
What did you mean by checked exhaust? The "s" model is restricted version so you can search that topic for all the derestriction items. There's a good suggestion posted above for the aftermarket variator and it's also suggested that if your motor is strong enough and properly tuned, a set of 10:1, or 9:1 gears be installed for better top speed. That may require some clutch upgrades tho so both types of springs would be changed and the roller weights in the variator need to be spot on for proper launch with your 210 lb. rider weight. Check the compression of the cylinder first tho before going shopping for goodies. It should read above 120 psi for the 9:1 gears to work. Also the drive belt should be within spec of 15 mm or you're not gonna get top speeds.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Plenty of old posts like these for guys that just bought an SA50...just gotta search. http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =3&t=27958
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
beeksrs
Noob
Noob

Post by beeksrs »

I just ordered a Polini Contessa kit so hopefully I can reach 40 mph with stock gearing and exhaust.
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Gearing is the first thing I did to mine.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings

If you're after best speed, Honda's 12:1 gearing isn't the way to go. It accelerates briskly off the line, but the engine runs out of Lung with power to spare at around 42. Replacing ONLY the gears, my then-new and otherwise completely stock SR hit 49. OK it was downwind, but still...

Even with mighty Contesta 72, you may or may not hit 45 if you keep the 12s. Consider 9:1 as a good all-around gearing compromise, even if you stay at 50cc.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH