Big thanks to this great group!

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Jonadz
Spree
Spree

Big thanks to this great group!

Post by Jonadz »

6 months ago I was a guy who was given a non running, never maintained 85 spree with 14k miles. I tore it down and cleaned everything up to have it start right up! I then wanted to go faster than 25 downhill so I joined here, where I had read pages upon pages every night trying to learn all things spree! I spent a lot of money, learned I wasted a lot of money.... Spent some more money and have had the pleasure of talking to quite a few of the guys here and even meeting a few. Well I'm glad to report back........
I just hit over 50mph on a spree! Havnt got the chance to really get going yet as i was hosting a BBQ tonight but down my residential street of 2 blocks with 3 giant speed bumps I hit 51mph(GPS). Wow!!! Just wow!
Special thanks to a few in particular, Eclark for his never ending persuit of spree greatness and helpful attitude.
Kevin for his willingness to help me track down parts and contacts as well as inviting me into his house with great conversations.
Jakub for readily sending me parts and shootin the poo through random texts.
Most of all.... Meatball.... You *! Guy has had me at his house a number of times, first hooked me up with a new spree motor after I boneheaded my first. He even pulled up a chair and did most of the work! Since then he's helped me through it all! I mean all of it! We text so much my wife was starting to get jealous! I wouldn't have made it this far without all his help, always there to bounce ideas off of and quickly tell me where I'm about to royally mess up! My son met him and now always says "that meatball gave me a doughnut and has lotsa fast motorcycles!" Thanks for all the help and great conversation dude!
I'm stock mix and match 49cc for now....but as soon as winter hits I'm sure I'll be pulling it all apart and upgrading as much as I can!
Jonadz
Spree
Spree

Re: Big thanks to this great group!

Post by Jonadz »

Ready to run
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (88.7 KiB) Viewed 11176 times
Jonadz
Spree
Spree

Post by Jonadz »

Original plate from 85 to
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (104.99 KiB) Viewed 11176 times
Jonadz
Spree
Spree

Post by Jonadz »

Tach and temp are very crucial to this now
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (121.12 KiB) Viewed 11176 times
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Glad to see youre happy with the results, buddy. Seems as if you got that thing rippin! Nice work.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
Gearhart
Spree
Spree

Post by Gearhart »

You should go to ferry to ferry in Seattle on august 20!
Jonadz
Spree
Spree

Post by Jonadz »

I'll be there Gearhart, I've been looking forward to it! Have a few buddies that are signed up now to.
kevinv710
Spree
Spree

Post by kevinv710 »

nice job, Bro!
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Still need some graphics for it, but I like it. The black and maroon(?), look good together. Digging the paint on the turn signals, starter, etc.

I love that pipe you got going on there.

Your Spree, and the one I am currently restoring are gonna look kind of similar on the color, except mine is a 2 tone Crimson & Gold/Yellowish, and of course, is professionally done.

I'm also doing some painting on the pipe. I'm using a Jiang Wayne though, not a stock one, but I like the one you have better, too bad it's not made for an AF05.. but then again, having the Jiang Wayne done so no prob... on the other hand, it's not a pipe tuned for a stock Spree engine, so fabrication might be a waste. Your using what again?? AF16?

But anyways, painting this area here with some VHT yellow after the boys get done with the fabrication work:

Jonadz
Spree
Spree

Post by Jonadz »

Yea it's the af16. I'm planning on doing the graphics, basic 3 "spree" but need to sand and revisit/paint a few areas this week to sit while I'm in Yellowstone next week, I got a little ahead of myself with the clear coat and had some flaking in very visible areas.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

:coolcruise:

Sweeeet man ! Now its time to put a corsa gears and pipe and all the other crap to make it do 70mph haha :)

:2thumbs:
Jonadz
Spree
Spree

Post by Jonadz »

jakubman1 wrote::coolcruise:

Sweeeet man ! Now its time to put a corsa gears and pipe and all the other crap to make it do 70mph haha :)

:2thumbs:
Yep.... I have a list going hahaha. Might start gathering parts now but don't plan on doing anything else until this winter when I do another full strip and redo or go over every nut, bolt and component while upgrading. Next spring though you can bet it'll be ripping hard! For now though I'm beyond pleased with the results and perfectly content being able to hit the main roads in my area and not only keep up with but pass traffic!
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

That's the way to do it, just take your time, research the parts. 2 stroke science is fun!!
Jonadz
Spree
Spree

Post by Jonadz »

A few kinks to work out but last nights ride was pretty good! Going this fast on a spree isn't the most comfortable thing in the world but now I know it's capable.... Biggest hill I had I was stuck behind a slow poke on a Harley so I feel I could have got more. He gave tons of props at the stop light when I pulled next to him to turn and he noticed it was a spree. "I had one of those in high school brother, sure wouldn't go that fast though!"
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (122.11 KiB) Viewed 11092 times
motormike

Post by motormike »

43 minutes to go 18 miles ?...were you pushing it most of the time...lol ?
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"