First look exclusive: Reproduction Spree Floor Mats

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Reproduction Spree Floor Mat

I want one!!
82%
Meh, not interested
18%

Total votes: 17

eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

First look exclusive: Reproduction Spree Floor Mats

Post by eclark5483 »

While these are not quite available for sale yet, but soon will be, I wanted to give my thoughts and impressions of a new product I think many will be interested in.

I was contacted by an individual who knew I was looking for a floor mat to finish my restoration project. He is also a Spree collector and has the capacity to reproduce many rare Spree parts. One of the items he is looking into reproducing, is the very hard to find floor mat. He offered to send me one, along with screws, on the condition that I do not disclose where I got it from. It is my understanding he wants to increase his stock first before offering them up for sale.

Floor mats are nice to have if you have painted your Spree. As many of you might know, once you paint the plastics, they can get dirty real quick from feet, in addition, the surface tends to get a little slick, so having one really serves a purpose other then pimping out your ride.

Mine arrived today, first thing I did, was take it out to the garage, and compare it to an actual Spree floor mat, which I have on my 86'. It looks IDENTICAL except it's brand new and in better shape. It actually seems like it might even be just a little bit thicker then an original, but that's a good thing. Makes it more durable.

I'm not sure when he will have these available for sale, or at what price he will be selling these at. But if you also want a floor mat, and/or have given up on finding one. I'm here to tell you... there is light at the end of the tunnel, and pretty soon, you too will be able to purchase one for yourself.

Here are a couple images that I took, and a couple that he had sent me of his stock. Stay on the look out on the boards. I am assuming he will be offering them up here.

Last edited by eclark5483 on Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
motormike

Re: First look exclusive: Reproduction Spree Floor Mats

Post by motormike »

Sweet as... :urban:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

ill take one :thumbsup:
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

The mats look very nice :thumbwink: .
Life's a trip enjoy the ride.
94 elite SR, 86 spreedio, polini corsa, keli variator, 8.4, jet. speed 65 mph
spreedio video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZr46_-douQ
Kustomkarma
Elite
Elite

Post by Kustomkarma »

I just saw one of these on Ebay for I think $75. The one I was looking at sold pretty quickly. I think he'll be selling a lot of them.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

I'm almost thinking of buying another to replace my OEM one. His are in much better shape.
Jonadz
Spree
Spree

Post by Jonadz »

So let's just take a pre order now and move some out
Of his hands to make room for more! One of the pics looked like he had enough to fulfill a forum order!
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Poll added just so the person who makes these gets an idea of how many people are interested.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

I'll take 2.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Lets push this sale through, E. Paying customers are lined up waiting. Ive never seriously looked at buying a floormat since I really could take-it or leave-it honestly. Saw one for sale on Fee-Bay a while back but the cost was outrageous. Usually when I want an item bad enough I will pay the crazy price to get one but this particular item isnt one of those. However, If there is someone reproducing NEW ones with good quality for a modest price then I'm a player. Let me know when this mystery man decides to sell.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

I have a question about the hardware. I've never seen an original Honda Spree Floor Mat, and before I saw this post, I assumed that the mat mounted with the existing BOLT-WASHERs that mount the FLOOR,STEP to the frame, but now I see that it does not. This morning, I went out and looked at the FLOOR,STEPs on my four Sprees and see the pre-existing holes molded into the plastic FLOOR,STEP that line up with the holes in the mat. It looks to me that the mat mounting screws only go into the plastic, and not through the plastic into the metal frame, as there is no frame member below the holes.

The four screws that are shown with the reproduction mat look to me like automotive self tapping sheet metal screws with trim washers. What kind of screws are used with the original factory kit? It seems to me that the screws don't look right, but again, I have never seen the real thing. I wouldn't think the original screws would have sheet metal cutting tips on them, rather they would be metric and have a plastic thread cutting design. How closely do the screws in the photo reproduce the original screws?
Kustomkarma
Elite
Elite

Post by Kustomkarma »

I was wondering the same thing. ^^^

I don't know how I feel about putting holes in my floorboard. I wonder if they could be mounted with industrial velcro or hook and loop material?
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

Kustom.. The mounting holes are already there from the factory in all the Sprees I have. Go have a look at your Spree and let me know what you find..
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Mounting holes are already there. As is the mounting hole for the aftermarket glovebox. Gotta give Honda credit for forward thinking. On the Spree, you will find 2 holes on the back of the floor board here:
back.jpg
back.jpg (47.31 KiB) Viewed 13087 times
And on the front of the floorboard here:
front.jpg
front.jpg (53.01 KiB) Viewed 13087 times
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

As for the screws with the kit, yep self tapping with trim washers. Just like the original. When I got my original I was a little perplexed myself when I saw the screws... I was like WatDuhFug?? I had figured it got bolted down in the same area where it bolts to the frame. Hadn't ever noticed the pre-drilled holes till then.
Last edited by eclark5483 on Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.