Gaskets for Kickstart Upgrade

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

UltimaRatioRegum
Noob
Noob

Gaskets for Kickstart Upgrade

Post by UltimaRatioRegum »

I acquired a 1987 and am going to use the left case to upgrade my daughters '84 to kick start. I have two questions:

1. Any source for the gasket? I see kits but they don't appear to include the outer left cover gasket. I can make one although I generally don't like doing that for a gasket that big and skinny, or I could use Mr. Gasket on the old one, but would prefer to do it right with a new gasket if one is to be had.

2. In the tutorial on WikiSpree there is a warning about goofing around with the kick start return spring. Why would I need to mess with the spring if I am just pulling the kick start case/assembly off the '87 and bolting it on the '84?

Thanks!
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Gaskets for Kickstart Upgrade

Post by Meatball »

https://www.treatland.tv/honda-NT50-min ... t-nt50.htm

Youll need to swap the drive face and pulley from the 87' as well. Cant just swap the cover only.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
UltimaRatioRegum
Noob
Noob

Post by UltimaRatioRegum »

Meatball wrote:https://www.treatland.tv/honda-NT50-min ... t-nt50.htm

Youll need to swap the drive face and pulley from the 87' as well. Cant just swap the cover only.
Right - the how to on the spree wiki covers that, but it looks like after that you just bolt the new cover on (with the spring and quadrant already in it) , yet there are warnings about dealing with the spring that doesn't make sense to me. I guess I'll just dive in and see what I find. And thanks for the link to the gasket set!
Jonadz
Spree
Spree

Post by Jonadz »

The warning may be there for people like me who purchased one and showed up dissassymbled. I had to install the spring and what not so I needed the warning. In your case it appears you just "bolt and go".