Range of costs for professional paint jobs?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

UltimaRatioRegum
Noob
Noob

Range of costs for professional paint jobs?

Post by UltimaRatioRegum »

I need to repaint my daughters 84 Spree (see all my previous questions :eyeroll: . By the time I buy 'good' paint (Spraymax 2K, or Plutonium, or PPG aerosol), the adhesion promoter, degreaser prep, sandpaper, masking tape, clear coat, etc, I will be in well over $100 before I even start.
What has been anyones experience with the cost of a professional repaint of all panels? It's pretty basic; I plan to do the standard Cortina White but another color on some parts, the only masking required would be on the the side panels and the headlight shell. Thanks!
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Range of costs for professional paint jobs?

Post by eclark5483 »

My guys charged $350. That was, repairing all tabs, re-enforcing older plastic with epoxy, 2 tone paint theme, etc, etc... That was at a rate of $50 per hour, plus parts,paint, etc. Not much to em really, the only hard part was taking the front fender off. But, gave me an excuse to have the bearings re-greased.
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Range of costs for professional paint jobs?

Post by ped »

The color red is at least a 100 bucks for a quart. Red is the most expensive color.
Cost me a hundred bucks for the paint. I did the work myself.
:coolcruise:
Life's a trip enjoy the ride.
94 elite SR, 86 spreedio, polini corsa, keli variator, 8.4, jet. speed 65 mph
spreedio video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZr46_-douQ