01 front suspension

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

01 front suspension

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Hey guys anyone know of good replacement shocks for and 01 elite front end. Mine is in need. Hit a metal plate Friday and d*** near went down with wobble. Noticed it was getting looser recently 12k on the front end is a good run. Was hoping to go disk but finances has pushed that back. Thanks guys
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Wheelman-111

Re: 01 front suspension

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Are the forks bent? Google "String Alignment" or see here.
Are the steering head bearings gritty or squared? Raise the front wheel, grab the axle by both ends and check for front-to-back movement. You may just need to repack them and adjust the tension per manual specifications.
Better-than-stock front dampers are found here. They made a considerable improvement in stiffness and damping over the stock units.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Not sure what youre running now but I have a low mile STOCK front stem/fork/shock assembly with all the trimmings. Ready to bolt-on and go. In primo condition. I know its not the "upgrade" youre looking for but if youre on a budget, it will get you back on the road NOW.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Thanks wheel I'll do some checking.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

I mounted these on my 2001 SA50 and while they can be made to fit, I was disappointed in them. Besides not looking right, and not having the exactly right fit on one end, and being slightly shorter than stock at full extension, they can be made to fit, and will "work". With them, I had too much front end droop while using the front brake hard, so I took them off, and put on a used original set. If you want to try them, I'll give them to you for free, with free shipping. Less than a half mile of riding on them.. PM me with your shipping address.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-C50-C65-S ... 28173ff684

I think your best bet is meatballs stock ones..
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

Are the forks bent? Google "String Alignment" or see here.
Are the steering head bearings gritty or squared? Raise the front wheel, grab the axle by both ends and check for front-to-back movement. You may just need to repack them and adjust the tension per manual specifications.
Better-than-stock front dampers are found here. They made a considerable improvement in stiffness and damping over the stock units.
and these are direct bolt-in fit for our front forks?? this looks very tempting if so..
projects galore :nerd:
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Yes, Toast, there's not a thing to modify. Be aware that there are several vendors and the products they sell aren't all the same. I THINK the link I posted was for one of the good ones, but search around. Mine are definitely stiffer and I think a little (10mm) longer than stock, offering a few mm more much-needed front end travel as well as damping compared to the covered stockers.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH