Free Scooters in Los Angeles

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

JBJHillbilly
Noob
Noob

Free Scooters in Los Angeles

Post by JBJHillbilly »

Fellow Angelenos! A garage has offered to let me take a bunch of their abandoned scooters away. I grabbed a couple last week, but I'm out of room, and my wife is getting unhappy with me collecting 'project' bikes (seven, and parts for some I don't even have).

Among them, two 85/86 Elite 150s (mostly complete), and three Elite 80ÔÇÖs (in various stages, from parted out down to the frame, to mostly complete bikes). I might keep a couple of the 80s, but the rest are up for grabs. There may be some other scoots as well, but I'm not certain yet (I saw a Derbi Manhattan and a couple of Chinese scoots, but I'm not 100% on everything yet). I don't know the history of these bikes at all, just that they are going to be scrapped.

The garage has titles or liens on them, so registering them in CA means No Back Fees! (as far as I can tell from the DMV)

If anyone has a truck or moving van, come help keep these on the road. PM me
JBJHillbilly
Noob
Noob

Re: Free Scooters in Los Angeles

Post by JBJHillbilly »

Seriously? No one wants a CH150 or CH80?
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

This mainly a 50cc group. A handful of members deal with larger but they are in the minority here. You should check out http://motorscooterguide.net/Forum/ for a broader audience. :2thumbs:
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
JBJHillbilly
Noob
Noob

Post by JBJHillbilly »

Meatball wrote:This mainly a 50cc group. A handful of members deal with larger but they are in the minority here. You should check out http://motorscooterguide.net/Forum/ for a broader audience. :2thumbs:
Yeah, but this is where I've been hanging out the most. Was hoping to give a little back to the community. I'll be posting on a couple of other sites today.

Much peace
Jimmy