Neeed more speed on spree.

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Joemeyster3k
Noob
Noob

Neeed more speed on spree.

Post by Joemeyster3k »

I'm fairly mechanically inclined and can weld very well. I also own all my tools and a welder. I was wondering if anyone can give me any information on a suitable engine to get me decent miles per hour up a hill. I'm not worried about too much speed Etc because as I would like it to be able to go 70 or 90 miles per hour the only speed I would actually drive it would be 40 miles per hour Max and that would only be in rare occasions. I just want to know that I haven't there just in case if I need to scoot out of the way or maybe once every once in awhile show off LOL. If you guys or anyone on this wonderful Forum that I have found so much information on thank you for that by the way, can help me figure out the best motor to fit on the Spree as well as Maybe help me find someone that has one for sale as well as I am new to the site. Still trying to figure stuff out. Anything You Can Do I would appreciate it thank you once again for any information you guys can give me. Have a wonderful week and weekend. Ride free and have fun my spree loving fellow friends.
Joemeyster3k
Noob
Noob

Re: Neeed more speed on spree.

Post by Joemeyster3k »

Also and keep in mind I would keep all the original parts to put back together so that way I do have an all original spree but I even wouldn't mind eliminating the oil and going to a large 4-stroke if that's possible just if it's cheaper. I am a two-stroke lover and prefer it immensely but if I can find us for stroke that can get me the same performance I'm wanting that will fit I will definitely use it especially if it's cheaper. Thanks once again guys and gals I appreciate everything.
Rancher1
Spree
Spree

Post by Rancher1 »

I don't think you'll get what you want out of the Spree motor. I put in a big bore kit and while it ran 'ok', I wasn't happy with it.

Your best bet is to swap in an AF16 engine with some additional mods. People sell them here. With this engine, 80-90mph is possible but requires major mods and money. 65mpg is achievable with more modest mods. 45mph is easily achievable with simple mods and little money.
Rancher1
Spree
Spree

Post by Rancher1 »

A 4-stroke engine swap is possible but not many here do that. For what you describe you want, you're better off doing the AF16 engine swap that has a big bore, carb, pipe, gears, variator.
Rancher1
Spree
Spree

Post by Rancher1 »

Where are you located? I have a spare ready to go titled SA50 bike I'm considering selling.
Jonadz
Spree
Spree

Post by Jonadz »

Yep, find an af16, buy it, swap it, be more than happy! I just finished the process and am glad the guys here talked me into it!
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Jonadz wrote:Yep, find an af16, buy it, swap it, be more than happy!
Yeah, what he said...

An AF16 motor for the Spree is basically like dropping a 5.0L in your 4-banger Mustang. In stock form, it rips. Plenty of power for having fun and goofing off while keeping the reliability of a "stock" motor. Easily goes 40mph and climbs hills like a billy goat.

If you ever decide that youd like to turn up the "fun factor", an immense selection of aftermarket upgrades are available for the AF16 (much like that 5.0L motor). Skies the limit on how fast you would like it to go. Keep in mind that increased performance comes at the cost of reliability. Spend more for higher quality parts rather than cheap-out on generic garbage. You wallet will thank you in the long run.

As the need-for-speed increases, so does the cost of the necessary parts to do so. Whatever your budget is for scooter parts...double it...and you'll be half way there! :lol:
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
SpreeorDie85
Goped
Goped

Post by SpreeorDie85 »

Ive found several AF16 on Ebay. Their are also some members the af16 for sale. Word to the wise please dont buy those cheap CDI or Coils they sell on ebay. They only last a few weeks or months. I purchased them to replace my OEM ones that are 30 years plus. Guess what Im back to the old crusty OEM ones. Just like HONDA cars OEM parts are the best.
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

welcome to the forum Joe. What you described too a T is in a AF-16 motor. The possibilities are endless. and you can swap your old motor back to stock.
Life's a trip enjoy the ride.
94 elite SR, 86 spreedio, polini corsa, keli variator, 8.4, jet. speed 65 mph
spreedio video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZr46_-douQ
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

SpreeorDie85 wrote:Word to the wise please dont buy those cheap CDI or Coils they sell on ebay.
REVISION: Word to the wise please dont buy those cheap anything or ANYTHING!!! they sell on ebay.

Well, except fliters and gaskets from Noise-Dude. Those are cheap and top notch.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.