three sprees to choose from

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

no_rex4u
Noob
Noob

three sprees to choose from

Post by no_rex4u »

i found a guy about a mile away from me who has three sprees

a 1986 red spree that runs, and he wants $375 obo.
it is in pretty good shape, with the exception of a missing mirror.
it is a black one, it doesn't run and needs a seat,

and a 2nd 1986/7 red spree that he said runs.

any idea on pricing?
ansneds
Spree
Spree

Re: three sprees to choose from

Post by ansneds »

Depends if they have the titles. Where I live, scooters are required to be registered to legally drive them on the road. If they have titles it usually makes them worth more, but that's just from my own experience buying sprees and elites.
Currently own:
->1995 Honda Elite 50 (Derestricted)
Have previously owned:
->Multiple 94-01 Elite 50s
->1985 and 1986 Honda Sprees
->1985 Honda Aero 50
no_rex4u
Noob
Noob

Post by no_rex4u »

all the titles are accounted for.
I want to offer the guy a fair amount, but i also don't want to be screwed over.

i know, catch-22
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Take the one with the lowest miles for the safest bet on crank wear. Pricing is subjective. I guess I'd want to have a look at what is being offered at the $375 price. That isn't too high, but for that, I would want the body panels to be intact with no cracks. Paint fading is no big deal as you can always repaint. And always inspect the tank for rusting and leaks. Your dealing with a 30+ year old scooter here, so replacing many parts is not always easy and or cheap. So you'll really want to weigh the condition of the parts being offered on the bike rather then the bike itself. A "NON-RUNNING" bike is actually less of an issue for me personally over one that has solid plastics and straight extremities like turn signals and luggage racks. It's also important to identify the EXACT year as well as the EXACT type of Spree.. I.E. Regular .vs Iowa edition. They might look the same, but there are subtle differences that are good to know about before hand that will save you headaches and confusion later on down the line.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

$600 for all three...cant go wrong. Sell two of them and you'll have some cash for a Dio Swap on the third! :smile:
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.