"Spree Logo" Font

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

MaxKulik
Spree
Spree

"Spree Logo" Font

Post by MaxKulik »

Does anyone know if there are any high resolution images of the Honda Spree logo, or if anyone knows if there was a specific type of font used on the logo in order to reproduce it?
motormike

Re: "Spree Logo" Font

Post by motormike »

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33892&p=294967&hili ... rs#p294967

^^here's something to get you started... :urban:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Logos for the Spree are on the 'wiki Link: Click me
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

The links posted show about the highest resolution available for now. I'll have some higher resolution images of the front and side logos available when I go on winter shut down at work. I have them out at the shop right now and no time to get out there and get things done and get them scanned and uploaded. Nursing a rotator cuff injury ATM. Otherwise, if you take what is available, you could vectorize it, up scale to the correct dimensions listed, change it to the correct color you want, and print on vinyl.

Here's a couple of the decals I customized for my latest Spree creation, pretty easy to do

MaxKulik
Spree
Spree

Post by MaxKulik »

That's why I asked. I was going to attempt to vector them to get an easy to reproduce version of the decal. I have vinyl, and a Mimaki plotter at work. I can also make printed decals.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Yep, that's the idea behind the images I uploaded. So people can make em themselves, take them in and have made for them, or even start a little side swap here on the site offering up sets to people at a set price. Brad does floor mats, petcock covers, glove boxes, etc, but nobody has committed to being our go to person for replacement graphics. If that's what you want to do, go for it!!
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

MaxKulik wrote:I have vinyl, and a Mimaki plotter at work. I can also make printed decals.
I may have a job for you :happy: ....pm
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
MaxKulik
Spree
Spree

Post by MaxKulik »

eclark5483 wrote:Yep, that's the idea behind the images I uploaded. So people can make em themselves, take them in and have made for them, or even start a little side swap here on the site offering up sets to people at a set price. Brad does floor mats, petcock covers, glove boxes, etc, but nobody has committed to being our go to person for replacement graphics. If that's what you want to do, go for it!!
If I had the dims of each of these decals and graphics I could definitely reproduce them and would be willing to do so. Having these graphics is a great start but seeing as I don't even have the original ones I can't get the sizing correct.
MaxKulik
Spree
Spree

Post by MaxKulik »

I have access to this equipment which also allows me to print to vinyl, add cut registration, and then plot the graphics out on a plotter.

http://www.mimakiusa.com/products/uv/jfx500-2131/

http://www.mimakiusa.com/products/cutti ... ii-series/

http://www.large-format-printers.org/UV ... te-ink.php

My idea for doing this would be taking the design, then scaling them to the correct size in a layout with multiple of each decal. After they are printed to the 3M Scotchcal Marking Film, I would plot them out and then remove the excess film in between the decals. After that's been done I'd be left with raw printed decals. Since they will not hold up to the outdoor environment I would over laminate each one with a clear uv-resistant Scotchcal. This will add extra rigidity to the decals and protect the print. If there is enough interest I'll do it.