I think we are starting a trend.

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

I think we are starting a trend.

Post by eclark5483 »

Anybody else happen to notice, that the outlandish prices some of the ripoffBay sellers have been asking, are starting to go down a bit? I think as long as we push sales on only this forum, and also communicate via Facebook, that it will FORCE some of these gold diggers to come to a more reasonable selling price for their WAREZ.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: I think we are starting a trend.

Post by Meatball »

Prices typically drop during Winter months...spike in the Summer. Im not sure the 4 people that still use this site make a difference. :smile:
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Oh, we've been getting some here and there Facebook guys, and I honestly think that helps. most of the fuBay sellers advertise as some sort of "eBay store". Where are the $79 petcock covers and $120 gloveboxes? Brad alone has made a tremendous impact on asking prices. Oh you have a few stragglers here and there who's junk gets scoffed at and ignored, but I'm finding others round here have been offering up at decent rates making the other guys change price or remove old listings for their ridiculous asking price items.
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

Still a spree fan :coolcruise:
Life's a trip enjoy the ride.
94 elite SR, 86 spreedio, polini corsa, keli variator, 8.4, jet. speed 65 mph
spreedio video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZr46_-douQ
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

Big prices on rare parts are still out there. Here are a couple of parts I have been looking for for three years, but $170 to cherry up the top of my 1984 Gyro battery is a bit much:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1984-Honda-gyr ... 4I&vxp=mtr

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1984-Honda-Gyr ... FU&vxp=mtr

Anybody on this forum have these parts for less? The problem is that adding these parts to a Gyro doesn't increase the resale value one dollar.. it simply make one feel prouder showing off their Gyro.. i.e. I am the only one who would care if the battery stuff is on the scooter.

Also, am I the only one who isn't on Facebook, "the biggest drain on the productivity of mankind"?
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

The eBay seller who has that battery cover was on here a couple times too. Also selling his stuff at ridiculous prices. Prime of example of a gold digger.
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

Could someone 3D print that cover?
Life's a trip enjoy the ride.
94 elite SR, 86 spreedio, polini corsa, keli variator, 8.4, jet. speed 65 mph
spreedio video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZr46_-douQ
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I also am not on Facebook haha
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya- ... -321060369
Hey vintagegarage, these guys claim to have both parts in there warehouse in the U.S.
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

Overnight, I got a reply from megazip.net to my inquiry if the parts were really available.. this was the reply:

Natalia G.
Hello,
Unfortunately, spare parts have been discontinued by manufacturer and cannot be supplied.
Best regards,
Natalia.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Dang. Thought it wouldnt be that easy.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Similar thing happened to me when searching for the 6202 tranny bearing. I kept running into dead ends with everywhere showing "discontinued" except TWO separate Honda Dealer parts sites showed it as being "in-stock". I put the bearing in my cart, paid with paypal and waited. Two days later I get an apology email saying how the part is discontinued and they gave me a full refund. I did the same thing on the 2nd site that had it with the SAME result! Seems that these sites dont have accurate "on hand" inventory count and are banking on being able to order it when its purchased. Typical drop-shipping practice as a way to avoid having inventory. Pizzez me off that sites are listing things, AND TAKING PAYMENT, on items they dont have and cant get.

Wanna try to find one? Be my guest. All I came up with is China/Taiwan equivalent bearings. https://www.partzilla.com/product/honda ... 3d24516878
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Meatball wrote:Wanna try to find one? Be my guest. All I came up with is China/Taiwan equivalent bearings. https://www.partzilla.com/product/honda ... 3d24516878
Edit add line: If the part is truly no longer available, use the generic number to find an equivalent, and use the source quality of your choice.

Honda Partsfiche lists 96100-62023-00 as a 6202 bearing

VXB stocks Nachi 6202 and the box is labeled 'Made in Japan'

Edit: Correct above text. Part linked should be 96100-62023-00.Here's the proper link for 6202
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

mousewheels wrote:
Meatball wrote:Wanna try to find one? Be my guest. All I came up with is China/Taiwan equivalent bearings. https://www.partzilla.com/product/honda ... 3d24516878
Edit add line: If the part is truly no longer available, use the generic number to find an equivalent, and use the source quality of your choice.

Honda Partsfiche lists 96100-62023-00 as a 6202 bearing

VXB stocks Nachi 6202 and the box is labeled 'Made in Japan'

Edit: Correct above text. Part linked should be 96100-62023-00.Here's the proper link for 6202
some bearings where made to Honda spec but that is a standard 6202. $1-8 each depending on quality desired.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

eclark5483 wrote:Anybody else happen to notice, that the outlandish prices some of the ripoffBay sellers have been asking, are starting to go down a bit? I think as long as we push sales on only this forum, and also communicate via Facebook, that it will FORCE some of these gold diggers to come to a more reasonable selling price for their WAREZ.
I think there are a combination of factors and this forum could be a small part of it. Lowered fuel prices lowering scooter demand in general is a big one. Look at the popularity of this board and several other scooter forums now compared to 5 years ago, big drop. Another factor is the increased quality control in Chinese scooters. People can now buy a new scooter for the price of a used scooter and it will last as long as their interest in riding.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.