Starting a build for my 01 elite

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Ian.duvall77
Noob
Noob

Starting a build for my 01 elite

Post by Ian.duvall77 »

So I've decided to Big Bore Kit my 01 Elite. I've decided to go with the Contessa because I'm not looking for racing I'm just looking for keeping up with traffic 50 mile per hour Zone in my city. I've already got 9:1 gears from Taz and I need some advice on what kind of carburetor and clutch I should get. My stock clutch is completely worn down so I know I need a new one. I plan on getting the Kelly variator unless it's suggested otherwise. So please any suggestions advice opinions are greatly appreciated. Will the stock carb work? And what kind of exhaust should I get? I honestly like that obnoxious 2 stroke sound so loud doesn't bother me.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Starting a build for my 01 elite

Post by Meatball »

Wheelman111 is the man about the Contessa bore. If it were me, I would copy his build to the T. If I remember correctly he used mostly stock parts with that bore with amazing success. Carb, intake, muffler..etc..
http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic. ... lit=Flash9

Research is key. So much info to be absorbed.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
Ian.duvall77
Noob
Noob

Post by Ian.duvall77 »

Thanks meatball. I'd been looking around, but I still haven't quite mastered the search feature for this site yet lol
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

then do what I did and spend 3 weeks reading everything on here that could possibly pertain to my elite. it helped alot but time consuming. I loved my contessa for the brief time I had it. while yes you can have great success with a stock parts I went with a better clutch and carb as I knew eventually Id want to keep upgrading. if your looking for a carb Id get a polini the are solid carbs and with the jet kits you can get for them you can really fine tune em. I wouldnt get anything big maybe a 21 for the contessa. my rides a 21 on his elite with a corsa and the bike just flat out rips. so even that might be overkill but will give you the adjustability. as for clutches thats a where doing your research will help you. Ive ran the polini 3 shoe clutch for years and really liked it but the stage 6 clutches are good as well as the malossi. lots of options that you can get to fit your needs. also if your thinking of getting a better carb an intake that will compliment it will be helpful. whatever you do you ask around before you buy a intake. some are flat out worthless. if you want feel free to check out my build thread in the builders forum "GOOCH" I went from stock on up in steps and you can get a better understanding. but Wheelman truly has a great build with his contessa so go check his out also. good luck feel free to hit me up with any questions. I also get all of my parts from Brandon at the Scooter Swap Shop. good prices and great customer support.
Last edited by Rip_City_Spree on Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

oh and pics or it didnt happen.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Also agree... lots of searching. It's what I did... very painstaking, but served me well. And ditto on the pics or it never happened.