Occasional use motocompo fuel type

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

unclejemima
BMX
BMX

Occasional use motocompo fuel type

Post by unclejemima »

Finally have my brand new never started motocompo back together. I got it from a owner in new zeland a few years ago...took it to the frame and powder coated it, then re assembled it. ItÔÇÖs never been started and the carb is sparkling like new inside.

With that said, I plan to use it occasionally more for fun than anything...and IÔÇÖve been running this unique Stihl chainsaw fuel (edited :) ) in my chainsaw that wonÔÇÖt break down or gum up carb for 2 years or something crazy. Plus itÔÇÖs perfect 50:1 mix.

Just wondering if I could run that straight and then I donÔÇÖt have to worry about the oil injection not working proper, or the fuel gumming the carb if I donÔÇÖt use it for an extended period.

Or could I add a bit of 2 stroke oil to it to run it 40:1 or so for the first tank cause of the fresh motor???

The motor in the Motocompo is similar to the spree from what I recall.
Last edited by unclejemima on Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
motormike

Re: Occasional use motocompo fuel type

Post by motormike »

unclejemima wrote: IÔÇÖve been running this unique Stihl chainsaw OIL in my chainsaw that wonÔÇÖt break down or gum up carb for 2 years or something crazy. Plus itÔÇÖs perfect 50:1 mix.

Just wondering if I could run that straight and then I donÔÇÖt have to worry about the oil injection not working proper, or the fuel gumming the carb if I donÔÇÖt use it for an extended period.

Or could I add a bit of 2 stroke oil to it to run it 40:1 or so for the first tank cause of the fresh motor?

Where I have highlighted the word
OIL, did you mean to say "premix fuel" ?...and I guess I'd say, sure, if the cost doesn't matter. Not sure many people would choose that path.
Most would mix their own brew with quality products. Maybe the cost isn't all that different when compared, idk... :urban:
Oh, i applaud when people return old machines to service, but in the case of a museum-quality item, I question that decision.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
unclejemima
BMX
BMX

Post by unclejemima »

Sorry yes I editied my post. ItÔÇÖs chainsaw fuel, premixed 50:1

As it is in mueseam quality I wonÔÇÖt daily drive it...but dang it was designed to be driven then IÔÇÖm gonna drive it :). Hate when guys collect and donÔÇÖt drive.

So with that this fuel is supposed to be 10x longer lasting in the tank with out deterioration so when I only use it once in a while for a 15 min run IÔÇÖm not worried about old fuel in the tank as this stuff literally never gets old.

IÔÇÖm sure I wonÔÇÖt even do a tank a year so cost is not an issue.

Is 50:1 ok or should I go 40:1 for the first bit?
unclejemima
BMX
BMX

Post by unclejemima »

Here is the blurb on the fuel...

STIHL MotoMix® is our patented premixed fuel, specially blended for ultimate performance. Like a sports drink for your engine, this 50:1 mixture is a combination of premium non-ethanol, high-octane motor fuel and our highest-quality STIHL HP Ultra Oil. Clean and convenient, MotoMix® eliminates the hassle of mixing your own 2-stroke engine fuel while providing superior performance and lubrication. Plus, we stand behind this formulation by doubling the limited warranty when you include MotoMix® with your power tool purchase. STIHL MotoMix® contains no ethanol, allowing it to maintain stability for up to two years after the seal is broken - so it stays fresh in your equipment during long storage periods. MotoMix® is also made of non-aromatic fuel and fully synthetic, highly biodegradable engine oil.
unclejemima
BMX
BMX

Post by unclejemima »

So am I safe to run this fuel then? It wonÔÇÖt hurt it right?