High RPM Goals.

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Wheelman-111

Re: High RPM Goals.

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Hmm, I wonder how cutting the dome will affect compression?
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
ASpreeOfJoy
Goped
Goped

Post by ASpreeOfJoy »

Back at it again after doing some part swaps. New metro fork swap and a af16 on the side for real speed when i get tired of or ruin all my af05 jugs and cases. Flex hone, suzuki 41mm rings, and more on the way. I found out the honda hobbit head also fits our scoot so i have been looking at possible head mods. One of the hobbit heads has the spark plug off center which i wanted to try. Im chopping up the piston crown tonight to open the transfers and exaust port a lil earlier and aim the transfers to the intake port. The piston in the scoot only has the intake and exaust side of the piston cut to see what happens. Pistons exaust side is flush with the port now when the piston is all the way down. I will try to take snap some photos when i get a chance.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

After burning a hole in a crown, I saw how thin it actually is. Mic the thickness before cutting and dont get too aggressive with it. I imagined it would be thicker than it was. Keep us updated!
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
ASpreeOfJoy
Goped
Goped

Post by ASpreeOfJoy »

A few snapshots just to keep updated. I would like to start grinding on my 85 piston as i like the dished pistons a little better and i think its shape will aid what i hope to achieve.
Attachments
jug3.jpg
jug3.jpg (36.85 KiB) Viewed 3182 times
jug2.jpg
jug2.jpg (35.77 KiB) Viewed 3182 times
Piston is always in the way of incoming flow and as the piston comes up it abruptly cuts off flow. A 45-50 degree slant at the crown would open the port sooner and taper of the flow of air/fuel rather than just cut it off.
Piston is always in the way of incoming flow and as the piston comes up it abruptly cuts off flow. A 45-50 degree slant at the crown would open the port sooner and taper of the flow of air/fuel rather than just cut it off.
jug.jpg (47.7 KiB) Viewed 3182 times
kosmo
BMX
BMX

Post by kosmo »

how did you disable the bystarter? its default off position is going to be choked.