OK it runs now. What do I do with it?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Double D
Noob
Noob

OK it runs now. What do I do with it?

Post by Double D »

I have no title for my 2001 Elite 50. I know the history on it and it's NOT stolen. In IL I would have to get it bonded. I've done this before with old motorcycles. Kinda expensive and time intensive. I kinda want to keep it for a swap meet bike. I might sell it. If I sell it, I'm going to sell it on a bill of sale. It's a 2001. It has just over 1000 miles on it! LIKE NEW! Well, kinda. I have a CT70H that I stopped bringing to the bike swaps because people would chase after me trying to buy it. I just picked up a 1967 Cushman Minute Miser gasser. That is going to be my new hot rod at Davenport this year. I guess some states don't require titles on scooters under 50cc? If I do decide to sell it, where would I even start for an asking price? If it's not worth enough, I'll keep it. These things are so much fun!
Thanks again to all you fellas who gave me all the great help with the crusty old carburetor!

DD
bonesv

Re: OK it runs now. What do I do with it?

Post by bonesv »

Resize and post a couple of pics so we can give you an honest opinion. Price will vary from state to state or region to region. Google it and see what similar scooters are selling for.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: OK it runs now. What do I do with it?

Post by Meatball »

If I saw you riding the Elite at the swap meet, Id chase after you trying to buy it! :smile:

Not having a title is a value killer here in Washington. Its a 3yr wait to get one once you file a form and jump through a buncha hoops. I think Michigan doesnt require titles tho?
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.