Map/Navigation app with speed limit option?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Sevyndaze
Spree
Spree

Map/Navigation app with speed limit option?

Post by Sevyndaze »

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a map/navigation app that would let you select a route based on max speed? For example, I could set 35 mph as the max speed limit for any roads on the route? Basically, something to find moped-friendly routes.
2001 Elite S (Derestricted)
Arrow Exhaust
Polini Variator
6.9g rollers
ZX Trans
1.5k Contra, 4k shoe springs
16/42 Gears
kingdele
BMX
BMX

Re: Map/Navigation app with speed limit option?

Post by kingdele »

There is a setting on Google maps to “avoid highways” but if there is an app I’d like to know also :thumbsup:
ASpreeOfJoy
Goped
Goped

Post by ASpreeOfJoy »

Doesn't Google maps have a feature where you can select a map route for a bicycle, I mean a bicycle route should be no different than a scooter route speed wise and if anything the bike is more dangerous.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Seems like my nav isnt 100% accurate with roads’ speed limits. These limits occasionally change due to ever evolving traffic flows and volumes. Here in Washington, we have a few areas with electronic speed signs that the DOT will change on the fly during rush hour. During off hours the sign reads 55 and busy times Ive seen it as low as 25 depending on congestion. Im not convinced that a nav app could reflect changes even months after they are made. Even now my app claims Im in a 55zone when it actually changed to 45 almost a year ago. Good way to speed by mistake and get a citation.

Best thing to do is familiarize yourself with the area and its limits...then plan accordingly. Otherwise, get that scoot to go 65-70 and never worry about it again! ;)
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
Sevyndaze
Spree
Spree

Post by Sevyndaze »

I like your logic, meatball. I’m starting with a variator and a suspension overhaul, then will do the ZX rear pulley, new clutch, and gears once I can find a set of 16x42’s. SSS is out of stock on them and says they are getting a new supplier and should have them back “soon”. We’ll see how fast that gets me going, but I think a BBK eventually going to find it’s way onto my bike, though maybe not until spring.
2001 Elite S (Derestricted)
Arrow Exhaust
Polini Variator
6.9g rollers
ZX Trans
1.5k Contra, 4k shoe springs
16/42 Gears