'86 Spree - No power

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

ARD2003
Noob
Noob

'86 Spree - No power

Post by ARD2003 »

Hello I’ve been having some electrical issues on my 86 spree. I get power when I pull up on the battery it runs without power I’m guessing off the magneto anyway I tried putting some foam from a new tv box under the battery and now I’m not getting any power what so ever and I need my spree to go to a event later today.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
hondafan
Goped
Goped

Re: '86 Spree - No power

Post by hondafan »

Sounds like a lose wire to the battery. What do you mean it runs without power? It doesn’t need the battery to stay running.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Yessir, faulty wiring somewhere near the battery.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
ARD2003
Noob
Noob

Post by ARD2003 »

What I mean by “it runs with out power” is that I can kick start it (it just takes like 5 to 10 kicks) and it will run off the magneto which is making power for the motor but the horn doesn’t work much and the blinkers blink fast and dim.
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

That's why you need a good, charged battery.When the scooter is being ridden with throttle on it will run the turn sigs and horn without a battery but only when the throttle is on at least half way or so. Same with a dead battery. The mag/stator just runs the headlight/taillight (dim)at idle.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mighty-Max-YTX ... rk:48:pf:0
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861