Ebay Spree Parts

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

btosi
Goped
Goped

Ebay Spree Parts

Post by btosi »

Even though I no longer have a spree I still look on EBay at what is available and the ridiculous prices being asked. Here is one of the many. The shipping is more than price and the shipping is crazy high.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (51.81 KiB) Viewed 3810 times
ntonar
Spree
Spree

Re: Ebay Spree Parts

Post by ntonar »

You can still buy those parts new, I just ordered some of those parts.
SamDavy
BMX
BMX

Post by SamDavy »

how common is it for these parts to wear out anyway? i've got some that are a lil rusty on the outside but still function fine, although thinking about it, these bikes are either owned or previously owned by people who don't know what grease is or where it goes..
I own a Honda Eve and a Honda Nifty Fifty.
The Eve has a wiring harness, coils, throttle control and a starter motor from a nifty, since relying on kickstart isn't fun.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

They probably won't wear out as much as they would dry out. 30+ year old grease is not good. A simple soak in a rust inhibitor, then re-grease and they should be as good as new. Sure wouldn't pay $50 for some. As for the shipping. It's because of where you live. Seller miscalculated. The American version of those listings has a much lower shipping price.