Found scooter

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

thxcuz
BMX
BMX

Found scooter

Post by thxcuz »

A scooter (95 elite)was dumped in my alley by my back gate Friday June 7th about 1pm. Either A) somebody has driven down my alley and saw me working on scooters and figured I'd like their kids scooter taking up room in their garage.
The more realistic scenario is that it's stolen and dumped by my back gate purely by cooincedence.

I called the cops and all the could do is report it as a nuscence vehicle. I got home from work at 11pm and I broght it into my garage to prevent it from being stolen again. I figure the police had done all they could. I have put word out locally on several local scooter and moped groups. I feel I'm making a bigger effort in finding the owner than the police who honestly have bigger fish to fry.

If your scooter was stolen on Friday, June 7th in St. Louis, let me know.

Oh, and you need a new airbox, I found it further down the alley busted up.
Big McLargehuge!
bonesv

Re: Found scooter

Post by bonesv »

Wow. So you wait 30 days and if no claim yet then you could part it out?
It’s noble of you to try and locate an owner! :worship:
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
thxcuz
BMX
BMX

Re: Found scooter

Post by thxcuz »

I dont know if the cops ran the vin or not but I'm gonna have a cop friend of mine run it. He said if it's not reported stolen I can apply for a salvage title and its mine.
I may keep it and sell my tomos ped.
Big McLargehuge!