oil questions

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

sublok
BMX
BMX

oil questions

Post by sublok »

Hey i have nq50 and i need to know what kind of oil do i use \ what is the best kind to use? I got my spree from an old man who used to live in florida and it only has about 900 miles on it, Its in good shape and it runs very well, but since i just got it. General information is good, though i am gonna take it to a shop soon - just to check it out .. unless someone knows a good mechanic in seattle !!
Shane4188
Spree
Spree

Post by Shane4188 »

Any oil will work, but make 100% sure that it is injector oil. Premix oil does not work very well and causes carbon buildup. I use lucas 2 stroke semi-synthetic injector oil. It runs about 5 bucks a bottle, but that will last for at least 500 miles. Also use low grade gasoline. Premium (high octane) does nothing for the spree, and usually will slow it down. The compression is not high enough for high grade gas. Also be sure on the oil, no matter what you do, DON'T USE MARINE OIL! Marine oil causes a sticky carbon mess in the head and is harmful in more ways than one. In conclusion the main thing you want to do is be sure to use only injector oil.