JW Parts Plus clutch re-surfacing

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

52north
BMX
BMX

JW Parts Plus clutch re-surfacing

Post by 52north »

Has anyone used JW Parts Plus for clutch re-surfacing? I've tried inquiring about their services via facebook and email but have received no response. No phone number is listed on their website. Are they still in business? Any other suggestions for clutch shoe re-surfacing?
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Re: JW Parts Plus clutch re-surfacing

Post by eclark5483 »

I've used them 3 times already. They did a great job and all my bikes run fantastic.
52north
BMX
BMX

Post by 52north »

Good to hear they do a good job. Do you have their phone number or a valid email?
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Nope, sure don't. You'll need to use the contact form. I just made a paypal payment for the service, and they E-mailed me instructions and gave me a service number. Basically, you box up the old clutch and bell housing if you like (they'll bead blast it for a few bucks more) and send it off to them. On one of mine, I had them change out the springs for me since they'll get removed anyway in the repadding process. All I did was ship the springs I wanted installed (Leo Vince 2500 rpm) along with the clutch, and when it was returned it had the new padding and new springs.
52north
BMX
BMX

Post by 52north »

I’m definitely interested in using their services. I just wanted more information before I sent them money. More specifically if there’s extra costs to ship back to Canada.