Leaking carburetor NH125

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

sculpt
BMX
BMX

Leaking carburetor NH125

Post by sculpt »

I've been putting a NH125 back together that had been trashed with only has 791 miles on it. The fuel tank and carburetor with new fuel lines have been labor intensively cleaned as it had gas sitting in it for over30 years. Starts up now right away but after I turn it off there is a small amount of fuel that runs out of the fuel overflow tube. The petcock has been replaced with a new one. What should I be looking for in order to solve this problem?
bonesv

Re: Leaking carburetor NH125

Post by bonesv »

There’s an metal adjustment tang on the float to set the height but it’s best to look up the specs in the service manual first for correct measurement. You have to remove the carb to do this.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
motormike

Post by motormike »

It is possible that the float height is set too high, and the fuel escaping through overflow is the excess amount running off.
It is also possible that the brass tube in the bowl for the overflow has split over the years from water in the bowl freezing.
Examine closely for a split...can usually be soldered to repair or replaced.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
sculpt
BMX
BMX

Post by sculpt »

Thank you both. I will give both the float and the tube my attention. It's nice to know where the problem might be.
motormike

Post by motormike »

I'm sorry if my comment about float being set to high gave you the wrong idea about floats being adjustable.
I'm old, and have adjusted a lot of floats, but I had no idea if the float in question was the kind that could be adjusted.
Obviously, we have covered this issue now in your recent thread....motor
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"