bbk or power

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Harryspree
Noob
Noob

bbk or power

Post by Harryspree »

hi so i would like to get a little more power out of my great little spree any ideas bbk or something i know people say dont do a bore but i want power or something i dont know just feel slow conpared to my friends sa 50 af05 thats all!
1986 honda spree "THE PINK *"
1986 honda spree wip
2022 honda ruckus grey

and a spree frame :woot:
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: bbk or power

Post by Meatball »

Sell the Spree…buy an Elite. Another option is to put an Elite motor in your Spree.

Just dont try to modify the Spree motor. If you try, I swear you will spend all Summer working on it and never get to ride it. The Spree bbk’s do not provide anything but frustration. Always have…always will.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
kirbster
Noob
Noob

Post by kirbster »

Sss pulley or mlm pipe are about your only options. Other small things you can do too. Otherwise its not worth the trouble.

Can you even buy the bbks anymore? I haven't seen them on ebay for awhile.
Harryspree
Noob
Noob

Post by Harryspree »

kirbster wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:46 am Sss pulley or mlm pipe are about your only options. Other small things you can do too. Otherwise its not worth the trouble.

Can you even buy the bbks anymore? I haven't seen them on ebay for awhile.
idk taz did the only good kits for spree power and he's disappeared but i already have the pulley and its not really doing it for me so
1986 honda spree wip
2022 honda ruckus grey

motormike

Post by motormike »

Harryspree wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:17 pm i already have the pulley and its not really doing it for me so
^^this should tell you that meatball is right.
If you have a need for speed, you must move along to something other than Spree.
11 years on this forum tells me so...motor... :urban:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Harryspree
Noob
Noob

Post by Harryspree »

Meatball wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:21 am Sell the Spree…buy an Elite. Another option is to put an Elite motor in your Spree.

Just dont try to modify the Spree motor. If you try, I swear you will spend all Summer working on it and never get to ride it. The Spree bbk’s do not provide anything but frustration. Always have…always will.
i would but i cant find one for a good deal its hard now adays
1986 honda spree wip
2022 honda ruckus grey

vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

Harry.. where are you located? I have a nice pair of 2001 Elite SR's I'd like to sell. Please take a minute and update your location in your profile, and you might find someone near you with a good deal..
motormike

Post by motormike »

vintagegarage wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:22 pm Harry.. where are you located? I have a nice pair of 2001 Elite SR's I'd like to sell. Please take a minute and update your location in your profile, and you might find someone near you with a good deal..
Sent you a text...motor
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Ben L.
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by Ben L. »

Yeah find an elite or equivalent. I put an SA50 in a Spree and it was super sketchy. I won’t do that again.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Take it from me. I spent over $3,000 restoring my son's Spree, about a 3rd of that went into the engine. Not just a BBK, but gears, MLM pipe, professional porting, intake, Malossi reeds, Polini carb, dyno pulls and etc, etc. It will do over 50mph, but considering the investment needed, you'll get more out of it by doing an engine swap. I had a specific reason for doing what I did. I didn't build it for speed even though it's very very capable, I built it for my son, who is a special needs child. The bottom end acceleration is horrible.. Perfect for him, but for a normal rider, just way too slow. It's also a show bike (I have 2 show bike Sprees). Pretty to look at, but not practical. You want more power, look for a better engine or prepare to spend some serious cash only to lose bottom end for that top end gain.
Harryspree
Noob
Noob

Post by Harryspree »

vintagegarage wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:22 pm Harry.. where are you located? I have a nice pair of 2001 Elite SR's I'd like to sell. Please take a minute and update your location in your profile, and you might find someone near you with a good deal..
im located in michigan metro detroit area
1986 honda spree wip
2022 honda ruckus grey