New to this forum.

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Snowback
Noob
Noob

New to this forum.

Post by Snowback »

Hi I just got an 86 Spree and have a few questions hopefully someone can help me out.
1) what is the screw size of the side mirrors 8mm?
2) My signal lights don’t work is there a fuse somewhere?
3) my starter does not work unless I turn the steering all the way to the left. Is this normal?

Is there a maintenance manual I can get for this scooter/moped?

That’s it for now.

Snowy
AKAspree85
Goped
Goped

Re: New to this forum.

Post by AKAspree85 »

Check the technical docs section, there's a copy of the owners manual and maintenance manual there.
My babies, '99 Mazda Miata (Henry), '22 Genesis G70 (Sofia), '85 Spree (Lil' Red Riding Spree), '87 Spree (The Rat Rod), '80 Honda XL250S (Barney)
AKAspree85
Goped
Goped

Post by AKAspree85 »

Lies. It's the Honda Service and Owners Manuals section... My bad. 😁
My babies, '99 Mazda Miata (Henry), '22 Genesis G70 (Sofia), '85 Spree (Lil' Red Riding Spree), '87 Spree (The Rat Rod), '80 Honda XL250S (Barney)
ClemSpree
Spree
Spree

Post by ClemSpree »

regarding the other questions

1) Probably, I know theres a big and a small and IIRC theyre 8 and 10 mm. I think Yamahas are the ones that have reverse threads sometimes. Id guess you could check it with a bolt first.

2) Id guess its the relay, if you have the electrical drawing, this circuit shouldnt be complicated to troubleshoot. It may only work while running, dont remember and dont have Sprees anymore.

3) Nope, not normal. Pinched/half cut wire or flaky start button would be my guess. Pretty sure its interlocked into the brake light so if its starting without a brake pulled but turned, somehow you are activating the brake when u turn the bars.
84 Aero125 Goldie, For Sale, parts bikes too
09 Stella For Sale
86 Razz
87 YSR50
56 LD150
79 P200