Is it my shock?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

tomb393
Noob
Noob

Is it my shock?

Post by tomb393 »

When I sit on my bike the plastic under the seat gets pushed out on the left side left side toward the bottom.. I'm guessing the shock must be worn out and something with the belt drive must protrude enough to push against the plastic. Am I right? By the way I'm about 200 pounds which is heavy yes, but this should not happen. Again, am I right? I should mention the plastics are cracked at the lower front fastener, probably from this problem. Once again, am I right?
Wheelman-111

Re: Is it my shock?

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I've never seen a shock spring "wear out" to such a degree, but even if it has lost its "spring" the chassis design shouldn't let things bump against the bodywork even at full compression. Have a friend get down there with a camera and evaluate what's bumping into the plastic. My suspicions would be toward a severely worn engine mount, allowing for some roll-axis twist on the engine assembly. Inspect that and the shock mount and various bushings. Don't ride this thing until you know for sure.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
tomb393
Noob
Noob

Post by tomb393 »

Thanks!
tomb393
Noob
Noob

Post by tomb393 »

Actually I just taped the 2 side panels together at the front fastener point and there's no movement anymore. I assume the flex is normal if not secured. I'll find out when the snow melts and actually I get to ride it