New/ old rider back in saddle again

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

RE2Master
Noob
Noob

New/ old rider back in saddle again

Post by RE2Master »

Hello, new to the forum but not to the 1984-1986 Elite 125 and 150 scooters. Just picked up 2 bikes this week for $300 both run (150 has no carb but spraying fuel in fired right up) and 125 is roadworthy and put 20 miles already.

Back in high school I bought a new 1986 Elite 150 Deluxe and was my favorite ride for 9 years before sadly she was run over in a parking lot. Before that catastrophic loss I had done many upgrades and modifications bringing it to a nice 75 mph top end (80 WOT but not often it was a bit much of a strain)

Sooo now comes 2022 and I find, not 1 but 2 bikes in very good shape and complete minus the carb and air box but scrapping for a modern breather anyway. The 84 125 is the "Sarah Connor Edition" spittin image of the one she rode in the first Terminator movie. The 85 150 is the analog version with the factory seatback trunk. Owners manual and roadside toolkit still there too. Flushing both cooling systems and oil completely to refill with clean fluids, also transmission fluid as well. Removing the variators and upgrading rollers for better top end and speed as well as clean that nasty useless grease from * out. Having both clutches redone with kevlar padding from site I found on a youtube video. Aftermarket non restricted muffler being adapted to fit at muffler shop. 84 will remain original paint but 85 will reshoot in ruby red. Front disc conversion for both. More being done just can't remember off top of my head right now.

Was a boat manufacturer for 14 years so planning to mold and pop new parts that are no longer available for the body, will be stronger being fiberglass instead of the plastic originally used.

Have ridden many scooters since I lost my original Elite and none came close, not even newer Honda models so putting more than it is worth to fix and update is well worth it to me but will still be cheaper than buying a new PCX.
Wheelman-111

Re: New/ old rider back in saddle again

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Welcome. I believe I speak for everyone when I say we look forward to pics of these vintage beauties.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
motormike

Re: New/ old rider back in saddle again

Post by motormike »

Adding my "Welcome" to you sir.
Very familiar with your bikes, having owned several including Helix, Elite 250, and every size Elite made.
....and Aeros, Sprees, Expresses, Gyros, CB's....I must stop.
Remember that the biggest photo you can post is pretty small size, so re-size in order to post them.
Looking forward to your presence...motor... :hi:
Attachments
ruby and Matt.JPG
ruby and Matt.JPG (113.36 KiB) Viewed 1145 times
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"