Towing a 2007 Honda Elite

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Elitelady99
Noob
Noob

Towing a 2007 Honda Elite

Post by Elitelady99 »

I have a 2007 Honda Elite and I want a back up way to get it around :peace: if it brakes. I bought a hitch rack carrier but can barely get it up there since I am small, around 5 ft.

I am considering getting a motorcycle towing system where you put the front tire of the scooter in a carrier and tow it behind. I would be going less than 10 miles on city streets. My concern it getting the front tire to fit in the dolly cradle with the huge overhang above the tire (I don't know what it is called).

Anyone have experience towing a Honda Elite?
Attachments
Possible idea
Possible idea
Screenshot_20220528-233953.png (454.48 KiB) Viewed 1473 times
motormike

Re: Towing a 2007 Honda Elite

Post by motormike »

The towing device you've shown is for motorcycles, and therefor, intended for wheels of 16-21 inch diameter.
your Elite front tire is much smaller, and will not fit the rack very good. I suggest you re-think this, take a look at the measurements of the rack, decide if your tiny scooter wheel will work on this....it probably is a bad choice. You might find a better way to put the bike on the rack you already have with some practice. Really, I don't know how to help you, but thinking if it were me, what would I do.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Elitelady99
Noob
Noob

Post by Elitelady99 »

Thanks. Do you know of a smaller scooter sized hitch rack
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

I'd get one of those hitch trays that they sell and haul it with that. Elites weigh about 300 lbs; most of them are rated for 500lbs+ on a class III hitch.
Assuming you have a class III and not a class I or something small. If so... you'd need a small trailer.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products