‘85 kill switch issue

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Rideslikenacho
Goped
Goped

‘85 kill switch issue

Post by Rideslikenacho »

I have a new to me red ‘85 Spree. For the most part it’s in really good shape. However, battery is completely dead so tried jumping it off the truck. Normally I would have expected to get some lights etc but nothing happens. Checked the red wire from battery terminal to fuse and then fuse to ignition and those wires are all good. Checked the ignition switch for continuity and that is good. No continuity between black/white and green from kill switch when switch is in the OFF position. Tested same thing on another Spree and it did have continuity.

What’s the best way to fix this since those switches haven’t been available for awhile now? Looks like two wires per the manual coming off the kill switch, black/white (ignition switch), and green (ground). I’d prefer a kill switch but if there’s a simple way to disable it that would be fine and just use the key to kill it. Is it as simple as putting a new 12v kill switch wired up to those same wires going into the ignition switch, and mounting it maybe on the leg shield?
Rideslikenacho
Goped
Goped

Re: ‘85 kill switch issue

Post by Rideslikenacho »

Pulled kill switch completely out, tested and it ‘does’ have continuity between the green and black/white wire. Did same with known working one and both checked out.

Will start new thread for no power issue.