Cvt tuning Honda elite windjammer

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

BobbyBurnz
Noob
Noob

Cvt tuning Honda elite windjammer

Post by BobbyBurnz »

I’ve recently purchased a windjammer and polini 3 shoe clutch and polini evi bell and I’m having a hard time tuning it. I’m also having a problem where I’ve maxed out the green springs on my polini clutch and it still engage early my tach says is engaging at 7000-7800 so I’m kinda lost. Also when I go for WOT for a good while then let go the of the throttle to get back into it the bike jus runs like it has no power am I doing something wrong lmk Some help would be appreciated Mahalo🤙

2001 Honda elite

Symdd50 block

Zxtrans

6g roller weights

Polini 3 shoe clutch with green springs maxed with polini evo bell

1500 contra

28mm oko 48 pilot 150 main b7hs plug

Windjammer

Level 10 variator and drive face

Ported corsa ported block

Mhr Crank

Ncy rotor kit
bonesv

Re: Cvt tuning Honda elite windjammer

Post by bonesv »

How many miles on that bore?
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
BobbyBurnz
Noob
Noob

Post by BobbyBurnz »

Not sure I know there’s a couple hundred miles
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

Take it easy for a while. You can't expect that corsa to let you run wot for any length of time until after at least 400-500 miles. Bump up the pilot jet a little until you're sure the rings have seated properly. You will know when you've got it too rich because the air/fuel mixture screw will have to be more than one full turn out for it to idle and run smoothly. Seating the rings means that those metal parts (rings, pistons and cylinder walls) become accustomed to one another and have worked out a deal to not grind each other to death, unless you are careless. Measure your oil accurately and use consistent, quality oil. Maybe even lower the clip on the needle jet to give you some more juice at closed throttle. Don't hold steady throttle until it's broken in (400-500 miles). Vary the throttle as you ride, go easy on the corsa, respect it. All this is a process. You get the benefit of it all a little later on.....and of course, all this are just a suggestions. Take it or leave it. Read up on this, and other related topics in these highly informative pages, share your experience, and thanks for coming here and finding help. I found so much of what I needed on this forum and I've met some really cool and interesting people, some of whom I call friends.
:peace:
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861