advice on plastic assembly

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

zpyroro
Noob
Noob

advice on plastic assembly

Post by zpyroro »

Has anyone ever seen any info on putting all the plastic and skirts back on a sa50? There has to be a better way than the way I am doing it. The skirts seem impossible to get on and aligned without damage to tabs.
bonesv

Re: advice on plastic assembly

Post by bonesv »

The side skirts ARE a bit of a trick so you can try this as I have done this many, many times - CAREFULLY install the painted plastic side panels (as a single unit) onto the scooter frame first, attach at the front of each panel with appropriate shoulder bolt but do not over-tighten! Next, align and install the (black?) lower side skirts (little "L"-shaped tabs) to the painted plastic side panels first, then slide the rear side skirt tab behind the rear fender and align the holes and with the 2-piece (black) plastic locking screw secure it so it can't slide out of the painted plastic side panel. Next, CAREFULLY snap-in the section (next to the battery and wire harness) of the side skirt that connects the floorboard to the upper painted side panel. Lastly, align the side skirt lower forward section to the previously installed (black?) plastic floorboard and secure it using the 2 metal machine screws which Honda intended to be used, capturing the loop of the front (black?) lower fender plastic (tab) with the forward machine screw. If everything went well, then it should be looking like a job well done! Give that man a P B R! :thumbwink:
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: advice on plastic assembly

Post by Meatball »

Isnt there a youtube video of that deaf dude showing this? That guy always has great vids and a bunch of them have helped me out. Give him a look.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.