Honda Spree 1987

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Mariano206
Noob
Noob

Honda Spree 1987

Post by Mariano206 »

MY QUESTION IS SHOULD FUEL BE FLOWING OUT THE GAS LINE WHEN I REMOVE IT FROM THE CARB?

because mines dry and I tried blowing on it and couldn’t blow through will try and suck in 1 sec

Just got another 1987 Honda Spree, Red with only 401 miles on the odometer. Been garage kept looks mint. Not sure why they never make it easy to add pics here but it looks nice.

Cleaned the carb inside, sorta dirty sat over a year. Then opened belt cover and seen the kick starter gears were both worn to * and had busted off teeth. Like someone went full retard on tryna start it when it was froze up. Honestly I think they did that before I showed up lmfao trust me I just know :lol:
They said new battery but sat for a year after buying it, tried losing charging it and it doesn’t really last long under load and my scooter eventually dies if I’m not on the gas. Takes a min but it’ll die idling.

i was joking about sucking on it
motormike

Re: Honda Spree 1987

Post by motormike »

Mariano206 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:58 pm MY QUESTION IS SHOULD FUEL BE FLOWING OUT THE GAS LINE WHEN I REMOVE IT FROM THE CARB? ...NO

because mines dry and I tried blowing on it and couldn’t blow through will try and suck in 1 sec ...The reason no fuel comes out is because the petcock must have vacuum applied to the hose that connects petcock to intake manifold. If you remove that hose from the intake and suck on it (not joking) fuel will run out of the hose to the carb.

Just got another 1987 Honda Spree, Red with only 401 miles on the odometer. Been garage kept looks mint. Not sure why they never make it easy to add pics here but it looks nice.

Cleaned the carb inside, sorta dirty sat over a year. Then opened belt cover and seen the kick starter gears were both worn to * and had busted off teeth. Like someone went full retard on tryna start it when it was froze up. Honestly I think they did that before I showed up lmfao trust me I just know :lol:
They said new battery but sat for a year after buying it, tried losing charging it and it doesn’t really last long under load and my scooter eventually dies if I’m not on the gas. Takes a min but it’ll die idling....The carburetor is still dirty and needs to be properly cleaned. The problem is likely to be found to be a clogged pilot jet, clogged choke-well jet, or air passage from the air horn to the bystarter circuit.

i was joking about sucking on it...apparently you didn't know about the vacuum controlled petcock
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Mariano206
Noob
Noob

Post by Mariano206 »

All jets are perfectly clean
MINICooperS
BMX
BMX

Post by MINICooperS »

Try raising the main jet needle to the bottom groove . . . then call me in the morning