1986 Spree progress.

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

maineguide
Noob
Noob

1986 Spree progress.

Post by maineguide »

So things are moving along on bringing my Spree back from the dead. I got the tank clean and the petcock soaked and hopefully working. I ordered the new air filter and in-line gas filter from Amazon. I took apart the carb cleaned the jets and reattached it on the bike. There was not a bunch of funk in the bowl which I took as a good sign. It's all pretty simple once you see how it's done. The guys here and some videos on Youtube have been a bunch of help.

One question I have is what is the gas/oil ratio? Id like to check if the auto oiler works ok and it seems the best way is to run the motor for a few minutes on a mix say 24 to 1 and see if the oil pump is pushing oil out of the hose like it should. Suppose it doesn't matter but I can mix anything.

Thanks to all of you who have helped me on this. I'm sure I will need more help in the future.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: 1986 Spree progress.

Post by Meatball »

32:1 ratio is what these motors like. That works out to 4oz oil per gallon of gas. How much the pump provides is a variable number since it fluctuates with the rpm’s. Whenever an oil pump dies, begins leaking or otherwise needs replacing..most people delete it and just pre-mix their gas since oil pumps are not available. What IS available are machined plugs to fill the hole left behind from a deleted oil pump.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
maineguide
Noob
Noob

Re: 1986 Spree progress.

Post by maineguide »

32 to 1 it is Thanks