GOT IT DONE

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

maineguide
Noob
Noob

GOT IT DONE

Post by maineguide »

I'm not sure what I did but ..... I bought a tester to check and see if I was getting a spark I hooked the tester in between the plug and the piece you cram down on the plug. I was just looking to see if there was a spark. I turned the key and switch on and pushed the starter button and the tester lit up proving there was a spark. And then the engine fired up. Just like that.

yes yes yes. It was pretty smokey not having run in 20 years and having a tank of mixed fuel to go with the oil being ejected in as it should but it wound right up. I shut it off and started it several times and it fired instantly.

I still want to install a fuel filter and pour that 30 year old oil into my chainsaw bar and chain oil jug and get a bunch of gremlins out of the lights and the gas tank float. But knowing this will run ( Well I knew this could be made to run I just wasn't sure I could figure out how to do it) I can get all new tires and paint the rims. Another one lives.