Fuel tank drain valve

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Racer71
Noob
Noob

Fuel tank drain valve

Post by Racer71 »

I have a 1989 Honda Elite 50E SB50P, the valve on the gas tank has two fittings coming off it, one is for fuel and the other is for I believe vacuum, how is this valve suppose to work, I blew air in the valve and air comes out, so I'm confused on how it is suppose to work, thank you
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Fuel tank drain valve

Post by Meatball »

Racer71 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:39 pmone is for fuel and the other is for I believe vacuum….. I blew air in…
Vacuum, bro. Suck, not blow.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
bonesv

Re: Fuel tank drain valve

Post by bonesv »

[/quote]

Vacuum, bro. Suck, not blow.
[/quote]

Yes it is for vacuum and actually, if you have ever cleaned your carburetor and wanted to refill the bowl before kicking that thing 25 times to get it to start, you may have pulled the line off and put it up to your lips and drawn a wee bit of suction to open that valve, it will continue to flow fuel without much vacuum at all it just stays open as long as you don't let off the tube. Not continuous suction just one small initial draw and hold. I just wish the d*** things didn't cost so much when they go bad :x
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861