People are idiots for the most part.

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

edjo
Spree
Spree

People are idiots for the most part.

Post by edjo »

People in general are idiots, I had a car load of college age guys drive by me yesterday and they yelled out at me "*". I guess they must have meant happy because I was. They know nothing about me, except I have a scooter! Had I been on my FZ1 or maybe my Supermoto they wouldn't have said anything, or thought anything for that matter. Simple minded people are the dangerous ones!!! (I meant to add this to "moped animosity")
88 elite SA50
07 DRZ436sm
05 FJR1300a
05 Dr200se
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

yeah, they are.
i have had alot of people with crappy cars or trucks call me names and poke fun at me because my scooter. how ever , allot of people with nice cars or mature people who want to take it easy for the short trips get scooters. i dont understand how people can be so different
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
skaltpunk
Goped
Goped

Post by skaltpunk »

i've noticed that the people who tend to do this kind of bullcrap are more likely to be driving a large vehicle. i think there's more than a little bit of truth to the adage that they are compensating for a lack of something.

if only they would compensate with wisdom. then they'd realize that we are paying about 50 cents per mile to transport themselves whereas they are paying upwards of 3 dollars.

i think the best response to something like this is a huge smile and a flambuoyant wave.
kurremkarm
Spree
Spree

Post by kurremkarm »

I can relate to what you are saying and it has certainly happened to me.

I also don't like it when they pass you and cross the line into the lane right in front of you. Or when you are walking at a cross walk and a car misses you by inches because they don't even slow down. I have slapped a few cars that got too close to me as a pedestrian. They always slam on the brakes thinking they have hit you. Then they yell at you, and in my case realize I'm 200+ pounds and they don't want to get out of their cars.

Besides, what can they say if you hit their car, obviously they were too close.
No_Stopping_A_Spree
Spree
Spree

Post by No_Stopping_A_Spree »

I know what you mean..I've almost gotten hit on many occasions because people don't pay attention. The first time was when I first got my ped and I put autolite plugs in it and it didn't run right..some guys in a truck blow through and stop sign and start yelling at me like it was my fault:roll: The other day I had a van right on me..I mean right on me not much space in between us. The day before that some woman decided to take the corner short and almost hit me at a stop sign. The * at school have a fit that I drive to slow and my elite is a p.o.s as I'm going 30 in a 45..which they say I'm going like 25. I've gotten called a few names before which people yell out their windows. The worst one was the van, as it was kinda scary..while the second worse was the guy who decided to go through the stop sign and got real close to hitting me and guess what..he was on a cell phone. theres more but I think I've made my point.

either way mopeds are awsome :D
edjo
Spree
Spree

Post by edjo »

Yeah people really don't pay attention when they drive. I got hit head-on in May by an older guy in a Toyota pickup truck cutting corners up in the canyons. I spent 2 weeks in the hospital, I have a shattered femur, broken wrist and elbow. Not too mention one of my favorite motorcycles got totally destroyed!! You can never be too safe because its probably someone else who is going to take you out. Scootering sure is fun though.
88 elite SA50
07 DRZ436sm
05 FJR1300a
05 Dr200se