Is this a good deal?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

puhpuhplaya
Noob
Noob

Is this a good deal?

Post by puhpuhplaya »

So I kind of took over my older brother's Honda Elite. I find it fun to zip around my small town in but have been looking for something a little faster. I found a 1985 Elite 150 deluxe with 8k miles that "runs great" for $700. Is that a good deal? Sorry, I have no idea what the market is like at all for these things. Thanks.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Your better off upgrading your 50, you need motorcycle endorsement and insurance for a 150. For around half of 700 you can have the elite running in the 60s.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
puhpuhplaya
Noob
Noob

Post by puhpuhplaya »

I have a 1988 elite. I thought you couldn't upgrade those? I'm sorry I know nothing about these and have just been reading a lot on these forums. Plus the elite I have is a p.o.s. that I don't want to invest in.

And I live in NY so even with my 50 Elite I need insurance. I don't have any and it's not even registered. I barely drive it except up and down a few blocks around where I live to keep it running once in a while. I don't want to spend money on it until I find one I trust enough to make a drive around the town.
Cubey
Spree
Spree

Post by Cubey »

I'd snatch it up but then again I want something over 50cc for cheap. I'd probably have to pay $1100-1300 for a 150cc around here. :(
1985 Honda Gyro S (project bike, work in progress!)
1984 Honda Spree - Bought May 30, 2008 with 810.8 miles on it. (Sold with ~1600mi)
Others owned/rode/sold: '86 Helix trike, '07 Vino 125, '88 Elite 250
Dac wrote:Friends+your moped=BAD IDEA.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

puhpuhplaya wrote:I have a 1988 elite. I thought you couldn't upgrade those? I'm sorry I know nothing about these and have just been reading a lot on these forums. Plus the elite I have is a p.o.s. that I don't want to invest in.

And I live in NY so even with my 50 Elite I need insurance. I don't have any and it's not even registered. I barely drive it except up and down a few blocks around where I live to keep it running once in a while. I don't want to spend money on it until I find one I trust enough to make a drive around the town.
There area few parts but the 94+ is where cheap power is at, if there is no advantage to you having something registered as 50cc then its an alright deal.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.