Sym dd50

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

sanj72
BMX
BMX

Sym dd50

Post by sanj72 »

Hey there guys is the sym dd50 any good. I have had no luck w/the other 2 scooter purchases, but found a sym dd50 locally, as in 5 miles away. I thought that I've see on the hawian forums that they use the dd50 motors in some of there scoots. I was wondering what kind of restrictions there are. It a 2008. Thanks in advance for any input. :)
808stalion
Goped
Goped

dd50

Post by 808stalion »

ya the dd50 is good you can put on all the proformance parts just like one dio motor its just a tawain made bike but still good this motor is one sym motor and i still hit speeds up to 70+
702 ISLAND BOYZ DA RIO DIO
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

the engine is a honda but the suspension and brakes suck!
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
sanj72
BMX
BMX

Got it

Post by sanj72 »

OK folks I got the dd50 is a 07 w/800 miles. What are the restrictions? I checked the variator & there is nothing I pulled the carb & I saw nothing. Is it the exhaust & Air box. To be honest I am a little disappointed with it. It rides quite well & the front brake rocks, but it tops out at 30-32 & looses speed like my elite e on a hill. I thought that these things were suppose to be pretty nice out of the box. It's defiantly no Honda. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

maddog wrote:the engine is a honda but the suspension and brakes suck!
the engine on the dd50 is not a honda engine. it is a taiwan copy of it with the metal not being as good and the case intake being alot smaller than the honda engines among other variations
808BMW
Elite
Elite

Post by 808BMW »

My friend has a dd50. I think the brakes are awesome (disc vs. brake, its pretty much no contest). The chassis actually feels nice to me, more heavy and solid than the elite. On the same token, the heaviness feels wierd. It doesn't seem as nimble or tossable as an elite. I prefer elites.
For someone who wants a newer bike with less issues, or if your the type that wondered "Is this thing safe at 50mph?" than it's a nice choice.
If you're like me, and are comfortable flicking your moped around like a toy, and riding on tiny tires as fast as they will take you, keep looking for a nice elite.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

808BMW wrote:My friend has a dd50. I think the brakes are awesome (disc vs. brake, its pretty much no contest). The chassis actually feels nice to me, more heavy and solid than the elite. On the same token, the heaviness feels wierd. It doesn't seem as nimble or tossable as an elite. I prefer elites.
For someone who wants a newer bike with less issues, or if your the type that wondered "Is this thing safe at 50mph?" than it's a nice choice.
If you're like me, and are comfortable flicking your moped around like a toy, and riding on tiny tires as fast as they will take you, keep looking for a nice elite.
now thats was up
projects galore :nerd:
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

808BMW wrote:My friend has a dd50. I think the brakes are awesome (disc vs. brake, its pretty much no contest). The chassis actually feels nice to me, more heavy and solid than the elite. On the same token, the heaviness feels wierd. It doesn't seem as nimble or tossable as an elite. I prefer elites.
You can install a 90/90 of 310 on an elite S if you wanted to which would be the same for the DD50
808BMW
Elite
Elite

Post by 808BMW »

I was just saying the dd50 has a better feel for all you pansies that are scared to rip on a spree.

I don't need no stinkin 90/90's, I'll bomb my 87 as fast as it'll go and do the craziest s*** I can the whole time :P
sanj72
BMX
BMX

New parts

Post by sanj72 »

Ok folks got my parts from vt today. The list as follows 66cc kit, r1 26 mm pipe ,ddx variator,8g weights, 1000 rpm center spring & have 90,92,100 jets. Will get it all installed this weekend & report the perf gains. I'm aware this is a mild build, but it's for my gf.
Johnny5
Spree
Spree

Post by Johnny5 »

Dang bro. Going all out on the GF's scooter huh? Was she like, Yea, I'd ride with you but there's no way I'm hitting the street without a big bore kit and a bangin' pipe. :lol:

Sweet list, have fun.
slosquirrel
Spree
Spree

Post by slosquirrel »

Holy jeez... Your girlfriends scooter is gonna be faster than any of mine. :cry:

I hope she's a good rider, or we might find you on this post (or a similar one) sooner than later:

http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8608

:wink:
2003---Suzuki V-Strom 1000
2001---Yamaha WR 426 Supermoto (CA legal)
2002---Yamaha Vino
1999---Honda Elite S
1996---Honda Elite SR (Only 4.7 Orig. Miles)
1989---Honda Elite E (FOR SALE)
1987---Honda Elite SE
sanj72
BMX
BMX

Post by sanj72 »

Yep she doesn't know about the sccoter yet. She thinks it's for a co worker. Her b day is next week. She seems to handle the elite s pretty well although it's a deristricted one with an r1. I'm hoping the taller gear ratio will keep it from wheel standing off the line. I have that issue with both of my elite s's & frankenspree. Off hand does anyone know the
Stock gear ratio on a 07 dd50?
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

sanj72 wrote:Yep she doesn't know about the sccoter yet. She thinks it's for a co worker. Her b day is next week. She seems to handle the elite s pretty well although it's a deristricted one with an r1. I'm hoping the taller gear ratio will keep it from wheel standing off the line. I have that issue with both of my elite s's & frankenspree. Off hand does anyone know the
Stock gear ratio on a 07 dd50?
just turn the bell till the tire turns once but I think it is 10 to 1