Oil Consumption

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

01EliteSR
Goped
Goped

Oil Consumption

Post by 01EliteSR »

Just got a newq quart of GN2 for the Elite SR and was thinking about oil consumption and as seeing as how i've not had this thing for a year yet, thought i ask about oil usage. The oil tank (when i got the scoot) had a blue oil in it. So i just put GN2 Honda in it when it got low. ( and by low i mean anywhere below the little bump) So i fiqure in 500 miles (apporx.) i've used 1 quart of oil. Is this normal? Remeber i drive on a main highway to and from work. So most driving is a t full throttle for approx 10- 15 minutes at a time. So is this normal? And also i have a little bit of oil running down the side of the clutch cover. Carb, oil pump? What could it be, definately not gas because it's sticky and feels like oil. So any ideas on my the oil or leak situation?
IT's A Honda.
Albie007
Noob
Noob

Re: Oil Consumption

Post by Albie007 »

so... not sure why no one replied in 12 years, but I had a similar question. What kind of range does the spree get on the oil tank?
motormike

Post by motormike »

Albie007 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:24 pm so... not sure why no one replied in 12 years, but I had a similar question. What kind of range does the spree get on the oil tank?
I would guess that nobody replied because nobody keeps track of oil consumption on a Spree.
The amount used is very, very small. Also, nobody runs their Spree oil tank down to completely empty, except by accident.
You will easily fill the gas tank 25 times between adding oil to the tank.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Albie007
Noob
Noob

Post by Albie007 »

Well glad you kept track and replied!!! haha!
motormike

Post by motormike »

Albie007 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:09 pm Well glad you kept track and replied!!! haha!
No, I'm guess-timating based on all the other 49cc 2stroke scoots
that I've had in the last 15 years.... :werd: always happy to reply, please come again and have a jolly Christmas... :rock:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"