How much is a Gyro worth?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

rewsintegra
Noob
Noob

How much is a Gyro worth?

Post by rewsintegra »

I came across a Gyro in pretty good condition. it at least needs a new battery and maybe the carb cleaned. not sure what else. but body wise and everything else looks good. i was thinking about fixing it up and riding it a bit until i move to Germany. I know how rare these are in the states. I am in WA state.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

depends who its going to, could be worth upwards of 800-1000 to a collector

realistically would probably hard to find local interest willing to pay that much, ebay would be best for coverage
projects galore :nerd:
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Yeah, check out eBay, real nice Gyro's can sell pretty high.

I'm in western WA. Local Seattle/Portland area craigslist may do well for you. Year or two ago I've was 2nd caller on an Red 84 Gyro, 100% complete, under 1k miles, + front basket. Price was in the $800's. First buyer took it. There were a couple TG50's asking well over 1k last year, but I don't know the final price.

BTW - what model/year is yours?
rewsintegra
Noob
Noob

Post by rewsintegra »

thanks guys. and i have no idea what model it is. it looks like a spree from the front.
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

Must be either 84 or 85
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

recent sale on ebay

Post by eliteguy50 »

In early December there was a 1985 Gyro on ebay, in Cedar Rapids IA. It had a little over 7k miles and sold for over $900. I think it was closer to $950 but I know it was at least $900. It was not pristine condition but good for being 23 years old.
rewsintegra
Noob
Noob

Post by rewsintegra »

i ended up getting it! its sweet. i am ripping it apart to clean it all right now.
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Nice, post some pics. You will get a lot of looks and cheers. Lots of people have never seen one. Have fun!