Honda Spree performance exhausts?!?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

sru1317
Noob
Noob

Honda Spree performance exhausts?!?

Post by sru1317 »

Where the heck can I find an aftermarket exhaust for my '85 spree??

If they don't make them anymore....is there a 2-stroke exhaust from another model that will bolt on the spree?

I don't want to spend a fortune...but I have to get rid of my very restricting stock pipe!

Thanks in advance!!
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

noiseguy made some famous "highway speed pipes" for the spree back in the day

otherwise no aftermarket pipes made, you have to cut and weld your own
projects galore :nerd:
sru1317
Noob
Noob

Post by sru1317 »

What about modding up another 2-stroke pipe?

Is there a specific model that fits close to the spree would that I could mock up a little easier than making a whole new one?
wiguy05
Elite
Elite

Post by wiguy05 »

sru1317 wrote:What about modding up another 2-stroke pipe?

Is there a specific model that fits close to the spree would that I could mock up a little easier than making a whole new one?
Please try the search function, it works wondefully as all of this has been discussed many, many times before.

Also, buy a dio ;)
2006 Sachs Madass
- FTP 140cc Kit
- Stock 125cc undertail exhaust

2006 Xkeleton Trickster
- Lifan 90cc auto
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

sure you can weld up a 2stroke pipe, thats exactly what i meant..

dio swap is way to go for serious pwr
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

Can you go with a free flow or do you need a certain amount of restriction? How noisy would a straight pipe be?
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes
turtle13
Elite
Elite

Post by turtle13 »

for a 2 stroke engine to run correctly you require the restriction for the unburnt fuel to flow back into the cylinder to be burnt.
the animation shows why it is not necessarily restriction, but the expansion chamber that is the important part.
toboggan
Elite
Elite

Post by toboggan »

It seems pretty simple to build an expansion chamber. What medals would be best for this? and what diameter pipe should you use for the intake pipe, and the end pipe?

thanks!

~toboggan
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Contrary to popular belief, a 2 stroke will run fine with a straight pipe, megaphone, no pipe, etc. But you have to know what the words RICH, LEAN, and MOLTEN ALUMINUM mean. I can prove this if needed.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
toboggan
Elite
Elite

Post by toboggan »

Care.. to.. ehm.. elaborate? lol
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

turtle13 wrote: Image
It appears to me that a straight pipe might create a lot of muffler explosion, plus running the risk of McCormic's law. :roll:

I have noticed that the tail pipe is very small in comparison to the exhaust pipe and in comparison to the expansion chamber... What we call a muffler. So in reality, the "muffler" has little to do with controlling noise and is designed more for combustion control.

Now how do I apply this to ballistics? :lol:
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

could you run a straight pipe on a 2stroke? sure, would it be a good idea is another question

it "would" run with the correct length and taper but have a super narrow powerband, be loud as crap and very inefficient

also stock exhaust does not have an actual expansion chamber but rather baffles and redirected exhaust flow for broader powerband

go learn about 2strokes first if question expansion chamber pipes, then come back and share the knowledge

for a spree, best bet: buy pocketbike 50cc chamber pipe and source spare spree muffler chop header and mate to pocket chamber then weld on mount tabs or fab brackets
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

could you run a straight pipe on a 2stroke? sure, would it be a good idea is another question

it "would" run with the correct length and taper but have a super narrow powerband, be loud as crap and very inefficient

also stock exhaust does not have an actual expansion chamber but rather baffles and redirected exhaust flow for broader powerband

go learn about 2strokes first if question expansion chamber pipes, then come back and share the knowledge

for a spree, best bet: buy pocketbike 50cc chamber pipe and source spare spree muffler chop header and mate to pocket chamber then weld on mount tabs or fab brackets
toboggan
Elite
Elite

Post by toboggan »

Where would the best place be to get a 50cc pocket bike exhaust?
circusracer
Goped
Goped

Post by circusracer »

Ebay is full of them.
84,85,86 sprees: Intake mod, drilled pipe, .020" milled 1985 head, dome piston, 2mm raised exhaust port, sb50 reeds, 34mph average.