So I got new scoot experience...

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

So I got new scoot experience...

Post by wikked_spree57 »

I was at my friends this week in Pinconning.

We passed Dean Arbour Ford, and I caught what I SWORE was a 1987 Honda Elite on the lot for sale... and after slamming on my brakes, turns out it was. Right beside it was a Yamaha Zuma II (looked like a Jog engine, it was minarelli based...)

This is the sad part. The Zuma II did 35, kinda sluggish getting there.

The 87 Honda... that was as clean as the Aero I wanted to get after mine got stolen. Top speed, 42. And holy crap... I had the front wheel up halfway there.

So I've ridden something with the Jog engines. The Zuma II was a 1998, I have my choice of either for $650. Too bad I'm broke, but I just HAD to try out that Yamaha...
1994 BMW 525i 5 speed BEAMER TIME
1983 Yamaha XC 180 - Bought barn fresh in mint condition and 254 miles. Best bike I ever owned :)
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

Ford Dealer? :roll: $500 cash just might buy that thang. :D

So have you given up on the stolen scoot? Man, at least report it to the police. Who knows. You've got enough evidence to say it's yours.
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes
Videonut
Spree
Spree

Post by Videonut »

wow i dont quite understand what you were saying. I do think you sould get tboth for 600 if there at a ford dealer you could make some change if you sold them after cleanup.
86 spree with honda cb750 rear shock
xr50 knobby tires, 32mph on slightly restricted craftsman air filter.
Scooter was stolen so i have to make it look good again
wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

Post by wikked_spree57 »

They're $600 each. Not owned by the dealership, just a guy who works there. The d*** tards leave them out by the road at night with keys in them... That's asking for trouble.

As for my stolen bike, I made a report, it's been spotted once thanks to someone off Craigslist, just been scoping the aera and waiting.
1994 BMW 525i 5 speed BEAMER TIME
1983 Yamaha XC 180 - Bought barn fresh in mint condition and 254 miles. Best bike I ever owned :)
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

wikked_spree57 wrote:They're $600 each. Not owned by the dealership, just a guy who works there. The d*** tards leave them out by the road at night with keys in them... That's asking for trouble.

As for my stolen bike, I made a report, it's been spotted once thanks to someone off Craigslist, just been scoping the aera and waiting.
Take the police by the hand and take them to the house where it was spotted.

Personal scoots versus dealership changes things, maybe. If dealership, I would expect they don't normally deal with scoots and would be anxious to move them off the lot. But personal scoot would be different. It just depends on how hardnose he is. If they're extra clean, I doubt he'll budge off his price.
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes