1984 Honda Gyro Build

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

zuphilius
Elite
Elite

Re: 1984 Honda Gyro Build

Post by zuphilius »

Woo-Hoo! I did it, registered, plated and ready to hit the streets. And WSP didn't charge me a dime to have the VIN inspected! Save $65 on that. Just need a better scooter helmet, my Scorpion EXO400 is a bit too hot to wear.

I'm going scootin'! Later!
I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.
sanjuro
Elite
Elite

Post by sanjuro »

Please post a video of it in action so we can see the bike leaning in a corner, and the sound of the exhaust/engine.
zuphilius
Elite
Elite

Post by zuphilius »

sanjuro wrote:Please post a video of it in action so we can see the bike leaning in a corner, and the sound of the exhaust/engine.
I don't have a video camera, but I might be able to get my wife to make a video for me.

On another note, just took the old girl for a ride. The Gyro, not the wife. rode up to the local Kinkos to fax a receipt to the boss. Smooth sailing! got it to 33, which seems to be topped out. That's with my 6' 2"-240 on it. Do I look funny on it? Yeah. Do I care? No. It did quit on me, Doh! Forgot to turn on the petcock again! Cranked it a bit an it fired back up. I need a sticky note or a sticker to put under the ignition switch that reads "Petcock, Dummy!"

Anyways, a fun ride. Need a half helmet, it's hot here now.

Thanks for all the input, advice and suggestions.

Now, on to the Spree. Where's that paypal card at?...
zuphilius
Elite
Elite

Post by zuphilius »

I'm sure you all seen my Gyro up for sale, but with Mousewheels help, I think I have the problem figured out. I disconnected the bystarter and now it seems to be running fine. I will have to wait for a better day, which here will be Thursday or Friday before I will be home to check it out and hit the road.

Not sure it's for sale anymore.