Dan's Gyro "The skunk"

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

motormike

Re: Dan's Gyro "The skunk"

Post by motormike »

This is the '86 that will get a makeover this summer.......you may notice that there is one obvious part missing.......I would likely purchase a repop if offered.......ya think there's any chance of Dan doing some more??...... :rock:.............beep-beep.......... :urban:
Attachments
DSC00166.JPG
DSC00166.JPG (163.11 KiB) Viewed 5072 times
DSC00167.JPG
DSC00167.JPG (163.26 KiB) Viewed 5072 times
RideRed
<(2)Gyro S><Helix><Sym Wolf>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
chevyguyjay
CB900F
CB900F

Post by chevyguyjay »

motormike! thanks again for the parts. me and dan are happy like flies on sh*t lmao. :lol:
~2004 Geely Fashion~
66SIX
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 66SIX »

Not sure but you might want to check this out 5/14/11
Attachments
A gyro in your area at a garage sale ...
A gyro in your area at a garage sale ...
Picture 1.png (145.43 KiB) Viewed 5046 times
chevyguyjay
CB900F
CB900F

Post by chevyguyjay »

we did. the bike sold for $850.
~2004 Geely Fashion~
motormike

Post by motormike »

Was this gyro average?,......better?,......sharp?......'84?....."S"?.......... :urban:
RideRed
66SIX
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 66SIX »

motormike wrote:Was this gyro average?,......better?,......sharp?......'84?....."S"?.......... :urban:
Well it's a funny story .... I saw it and knew it was close to Dan & Jasons so I tried to call them ...
Well didn't get a hold of Dan until almost 5 ... Turns out it was one he sold . Hey Mike if I saw one in Nashville I would have been calling you .
I figured garage sale ... OK will you take $50.00 ???
Dan said the seller got $850.00 or something like that . Me I would have gone for the Blender . Notice No Photos of me with a blender . Goofy question ? Hows my windshield for a Elite 80 doing ?
1 more question would you like to trade it for a Elite 80 engine complete W/O carb ?
Also when was the last time you saw a Average Gyro ? I rest my case .... your witness.
motormike

Post by motormike »

66SIX wrote:
motormike wrote:Was this gyro average?,......better?,......sharp?......'84?....."S"?.......... :urban:
Goofy question ? Hows my windshield for a Elite 80 doing ?
1 more question would you like to trade it for a Elite 80 engine complete W/O carb ?
Also when was the last time you saw a Average Gyro ? I rest my case .... your witness.

I was trying to establish a condition of this bike for reference to market value of Gyro...with several around, we need to keep up on the market......MY FRIEND'S windshield is doing a fine job of keeping the 55 degree air from blasting my chest with blizzard-like force......and if she ever thinks it needs to come off, I'm thinkin' it wont go far......tuff sh**.......last time I saw an "average" gyro was last time I was in my garage.....they're all average.......It's gyro owners that are'nt so ordinary.........would you like to cross-examine, counselor ?............66Sicks :arrow: :crazy: ..............me on 6's Aero :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: ........ :coolcruise:
RideRed
chevyguyjay
CB900F
CB900F

Post by chevyguyjay »

well, we did some more work on dans skunk. put some new stickers on it. left and came back and dan was up to no good. hes * off. i tried to take a peek and c whats hes up to but chased me back out lol. hes got somethin brewin and cant wait to see the results. enjoy.
~2004 Geely Fashion~
66SIX
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 66SIX »

dan was up to no good. hes * off. i tried to take a peek and c whats hes up to but chased me back out

Just shoot him .
Attachments
dead gyro copy.jpg
dead gyro copy.jpg (107.36 KiB) Viewed 4986 times
chevyguyjay
CB900F
CB900F

Post by chevyguyjay »

lmao! 66six...your somethin else buddy.
~2004 Geely Fashion~
motormike

Post by motormike »

I would upset too if somebody pee'd on my front fender..............stickers.. :2thumbs: ..........wire brush the wheel lug bolts.........little white on those alignment tabs......wheels are otherwise lookin NOS.......I can see a distinctive sharp edge showing through the tarp.........something overly suspicious about this ........... :?: :?: :?: ............
66SIX, go fill your squirt gun and play nice....dont shoot anybody in the eye........
.................. :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: me on 6's aero :arrow: :arrow: :coolcruise:...........................ps..i have that little rubber plug for the hole in the steering head front cover
RideRed
chevyguyjay
CB900F
CB900F

Post by chevyguyjay »

dans been sneaking in the garage when i go to work cause i work midnights, when i came home in the morning i started moving the bikes around and his bike was still covered up. i heard a crash and his bike fell over. i noticed that the rear wheels and back end is off and it was sitting on crates. i put everything back together and didnt say anything. i know he will be by in the next couple days cause he goin to the lake over the weekend. he said he wants to get it done before he leaves. he has tools all over the place and all kinds of stuff. i dont know man...looks like another top secret thing goin on. hope he dont throw me out of the garage. guess ill get my army gear and spy gear ready. keep u all posted... :shock:
~2004 Geely Fashion~
chevyguyjay
CB900F
CB900F

Post by chevyguyjay »

ok...got home this morning and looks like dan was working on his bike. pulled it outside and snapped a quick pic. s***...he called and hes on his way over....
~2004 Geely Fashion~
chevyguyjay
CB900F
CB900F

Post by chevyguyjay »

took that last pic when i got home this morning. i went out to the garage this afternoon, bike is all torn apart again sittin on crates. dan must not of liked the look or hes changing something once again. i think hes loosing it. he told me to stay out of the garage and no more pics or hes going to change the locks. well, guess im going to go into high tech spying...66six...whats your thoughts? i will find out whats going on or else.
~2004 Geely Fashion~
motormike

Post by motormike »

:imo: ......with the '84 muffler, consider the heat .......Still, quite an attractive , diamond plate, easy bake oven.............. :urban: ....... :coolcruise: <---..me..66six's aero(subliminal message)
RideRed