New Spree Owner, and New (to me) Spree

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

Oberon74
Noob
Noob

New Spree Owner, and New (to me) Spree

Post by Oberon74 »

I've been keeping an eye out for a running moped or scooter for a month or so, and when a running and driving 86 Spree popped up on CL for $200, I immediately raced over to take a look.

It leaked gas out of the overflow, leaked at the petcock (found out it had the wrong year petcock, so they used a brass plumbing part to adapt it), the body panels were warped where the petcock leaked for a long time, it's missing the front fender, headlight plastic surround is cracked and broken, and it was missing the airbox tube and filter...pointed out all the problems with it and got it for $100..not sure if that's a good deal or not, but it ran and drove and all the electrical works...except the key fell out while riding it the other day (now I need to look for a new ignition with a key.

I flushed the tank both gas and oil, and rebuilt the carb-could not believe the chunks of crap in the carb body! Put it back together, and on the second kick it started humming along just fine.. After that. I taped it off and sprayed it flat black crinkle finish and blacked out the rest, but need to redo it-forgot to remove the spree sticker on the front plastic and it bugs me..other than that I'm just waiting for my filter at the dealership to come in and then I'll pick up a couple mirrors too.

I think I'm going to neaten up the wiring and leave it semi-naked...everything I had to do I learned from reading and searching here the past week, and I thank you all- alot of good info to find, and thanks to that, I have a running driving scooter to putz around on.Image
jlynn433
Spree
Spree

Re: New Spree Owner, and New (to me) Spree

Post by jlynn433 »

This bike has mad potential. I was lookin at it too btw lol great buy :2thumbs:
'00 Honda Elite S.....................'06 Yamaha Zuma
-80cc Taiwanese BBK...............-Taiwan pwr pkg
-Malossi Vari
-6.9:1 Primary gears
-High Energy Ignition Coil
-Carbon Fiber Reeds