AF16 mods

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

bonesv

AF16 mods

Post by bonesv »

Hey, I finally got around to this now that it's cooler out. I cleaned up these 2001 cases and did some boost port matching and polishing. Decided to waste the mounts and replace with new motor mounts. Hate when they go out on a new build! Show you how I change them out, not very hard to do. Getting ready to do the gears as soon as I get them, should be here soon. Some Pics so far; Image Image Image
Image Image
Stay tuned for more. :coolcruise:
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: AF16 mods

Post by tazland001 »

Sorry for getting the gears out late. My bad. :sad:

What is this engine going on??

Taz
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

tazland001 wrote:

What is this engine going on??

Taz
Hey Taz, I have a '01 SA50 that I am swapping out the 66cc tai bore with. I think it's about to go, but the new motor is a Malossi stock crank and Malossi cast iron 47mm I bought from our resident Malossi Dealer, Keith. Here is the page for anyone to make a good deal on a purchase. He's able to get anything from Malossi and at a very low price with super fast shipping too!: http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =2&t=19538 Thanks for the super good ruima 17*41 gears deal I got from Taz, which are going in there too! Let's see, yup, an all new motor to play with. I'm exited and hope to be out on the streets with it before the cold weather gets here! :mrgreen:
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

You don't want to polish any of the areas where there will be air/fuel. You polish only the exhaust port,piston dome, and head so carbon doesn't stick. Polishing the case,intake and transfer ports will make the bike run like its flooding with fuel as the fuel will collect on the polished areas and not itomize like it suppose to.
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

Good advice Baka. I will keep that in mind.

All new engine with quality parts. Sweeeeeeeeeet.

taz
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

Thanks Taz, got the gears today and will have them (it) pressed on tomorrow by a friend at a machine shop. First, I have to change out the bearings (just one) inside the gear case and I'm good to go. Nice of me to have an extra set around if I need them, yup. Also must de-polish the interior of the cases. I just took a small cup brush to it so it shouldn't be a big deal to un-polish it. A little 220 grit should do it. That's all for now. Happy Trails! 8)
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

The malossi crank will work 87 ramp plate, driven face, small hole boss. , left cank seal. 14mm nut. Left crank seal need to find seal to match up crank on af16. Early af18 can use a same seal on right side case.