Nt50 Mini Melody build

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

Rumsas
Noob
Noob

Nt50 Mini Melody build

Post by Rumsas »

Hi there, new to this site, so hello everyone.
I am rebuilding my Honda Mini Melody, and fitting a better engine from a Honda vision ( sa50 i think )
The old engine ran good, but i would like to have some more power on the little thing. So i bought 2 old Honda Vision engines.
My plan is to take the best parts from both, and make one good engine. Not super modified for now, maybe later.
Just a lot more power than the stock Melody engine.

To me my Melody looks almost like your Spree's, with only a few differences. Can that be true?

After taking of the stock engine. My first job is to make the engine mount bracket to fit the new block, as they are a little bit different.
Here is a couple pics

If any of you guys have any good advice, especially about the engine mount. It would be much appreciated, thanks :D
Wheelman-111

Re: Nt50 Mini Melody build

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

The Melody sure looks like a Spree, and likely shares that model's AF05E inscription on the gearbox cover. Verify.
The Variated 05 is a perfectly sensible swap for the Spree's, er... Melody's lightweight frame. Should be more than fast enough - witness the Tiny Melody front drum. Capable of 40 MPH in stock form. The mount isn't a huge problem if a feller can weld. The shock mounting is a challenge - the shock fouls the carb on the Vision/Elite engines, or so I've read.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Rumsas
Noob
Noob

Post by Rumsas »

Thanks.
Yes the gearbox cover on the old engine reads AF05E, so the engine is the same, except that the Melody only has the kickstart, and no electrical starter.
Another thing is that the melody is restricted to about 20mph in Denmark.
I am aware of the brake problem, but as i said, i am not gonna go full modified.
Is it correct that the spree and melody has the same frame?
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Frame is Almost certainly Spree-ish in all the dimensions that matter. I like the Melody resr panels. Some people would give an internal organ to swap. That would confirm if plastics fit, if not antigenic compatibility.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Rumsas
Noob
Noob

Post by Rumsas »

I think it fits :D
People can take a look at ebay.uk
I have seen melody/mini vision rear plastics on there before, even in pink, hehe...