Flash 5 Rises Like a Phoenix from the Ashes of F3

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Flash 5 Rises Like a Phoenix from the Ashes of F3

Post by kingkamehameha »

Like this right here? The guy i sold my spree to last week bought a arrow from ebay
ua mau ke 'ea o ka aina i ka pono o hawaii
Pineapplegti
Elite
Elite

Post by Pineapplegti »

kingkamehameha wrote:
Pineapplegti wrote:I don't understand why you would run a V8 pipe on that thing. Why are all the scooter builders scared of non Taiwanese expansion chamber exhausts ? Beautiful bike btw.
There is nothing wrong with yms v8. Its a good pipe for a decent price. Not everyone has 300+ to spend on a pipe.
I see all the bbks / carbs/stroker that the scooter guys throw money at only to throw a non expansion chamber pipe on in the name of being frugal ?? Does not make sense.
Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

I picked up the V8 for an attractive price from another forum member. It's quiet with good torque . Haven't tested on the Deepinnaharta freeway yet. If MLM wants to make 1AF16 pipes in addition to the upcoming Spree items, I'm all ears, er... eyes. I doubt he'd sell for $100, though.
I'm sure Devin would be open to it and Ill be the first in line. Ive decided not to pursue my 98 elite as a whole bike and run the af16 in my spree ( elite has bent forks and pristine sr elites are popping up way cheaper than it would to be rebuild mine. ). We will see how Devins spree pipe does on a stock af16. I might have to modify it a bit to fit.

Btw im super jealous of your bike.
78 Kromag. (Briton Bee) .. Under the knife.. Derbi pyramid port dual variated
78 flying dutchman.. e50 swap. mlm pipe custom tank seat.. gila kit
85 Honda spree . Af16 swap joerock mhr mini stroke scorpion pipe.
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

hows that arrow perform?
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
Downsouthdio
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Downsouthdio »

I heard they werent all what they are hyped up to be..and $650?! No way for that money im ordering a windjammer exhaust
Honda super dio
Corsa
26mm
Sparrow
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

Just depends on the tuning. Contrary to popular belief expansion chambers arent what they are hyped up to be either. The scorp and sef magic are still both my favorite pipes and they blow most expansion chambers out of the water
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

you scorpion and sef still have a expanding chamber inside its just the muffler design that makes them not look like exspanion chambers
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
Pineapplegti
Elite
Elite

Post by Pineapplegti »

kingkamehameha wrote:Just depends on the tuning. Contrary to popular belief expansion chambers arent what they are hyped up to be either. The scorp and sef magic are still both my favorite pipes and they blow most expansion chambers out of the water
Lol I bet a off the shelf Taiwanese junk generic expansion chamber might .. And I say might get out performed by the aforementioned v8 pipe . But it will never perform better than a true tuned expansion chamber . It seems that every 2 stroke performance oriented Motorsport is using proper expansion chamber exhausts except "hardcore" scooter "tuners".
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

Pineapplegti wrote:
kingkamehameha wrote:Just depends on the tuning. Contrary to popular belief expansion chambers arent what they are hyped up to be either. The scorp and sef magic are still both my favorite pipes and they blow most expansion chambers out of the water
Lol I bet a off the shelf Taiwanese junk generic expansion chamber might .. And I say might get out performed by the aforementioned v8 pipe . But it will never perform better than a true tuned expansion chamber . It seems that every 2 stroke performance oriented Motorsport is using proper expansion chamber exhausts except "hardcore" scooter "tuners".
Your a noob you just joined up here and you all of a sudden know so much about these motors and you seem to know everything about exhaust too. What is taiwanese junk? The scorpian pipes are made in the philipines and they are one of the best pipes made for the dio platform. Most race pipes arent made high quality. The v8 isnt a race pipe its designed for street use so it handles the pot holes and junk roads. Your suggesting that mlm pipe is the way to go when they dont even have a pipe for the dio! Youve never tried a scorpian or a sef pipe or a pg long or a krs pipe or any of those so how do you know how they perform? You dont thats why mabey go try all those pipes first and then compare them to a leo vince chamber pipe or something of that sort. You will be surprised. As far as the v8 goes it matches the cast iron perfectly. All those high revving pipes are useless when matched to a lower revving bore like the cast iron. Mhr is a different story but ive ran the cast iron yms combo and its perfect for commuting
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

paulpauly7 wrote:you scorpion and sef still have a expanding chamber inside its just the muffler design that makes them not look like exspanion chambers
Jennings 101
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

What top speed are you seeing with the Iron/V8 combo, King? Based on what I feel so far I'm guessing I'll be lucky if make 60.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

Depends on the gearing and tuning of your trans. You have a zx trans yea?
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

60 seems about right but the low end must be real nice
Pineapplegti
Elite
Elite

Post by Pineapplegti »

Your a noob you just joined up here and you all of a sudden know so much about these motors and you seem to know everything about exhaust too. What is taiwanese junk? The scorpian pipes are made in the philipines and they are one of the best pipes made for the dio platform. Most race pipes arent made high quality. The v8 isnt a race pipe its designed for street use so it handles the pot holes and junk roads. Your suggesting that mlm pipe is the way to go when they dont even have a pipe for the dio! Youve never tried a scorpian or a sef pipe or a pg long or a krs pipe or any of those so how do you know how they perform? You dont thats why mabey go try all those pipes first and then compare them to a leo vince chamber pipe or something of that sort. You will be surprised. As far as the v8 goes it matches the cast iron perfectly. All those high revving pipes are useless when matched to a lower revving bore like the cast iron. Mhr is a different story but ive ran the cast iron yms combo and its perfect for commuting[/quote]

Two Strokes work best with a tuned expansion chamber .. regardless of the lower rev vs the higher rev. If the chamber is designed correctly it will out perform a non expansion chamber pipe. I might be new to this forum .. But by no means am I new to 2 stroke engines.
Case in Point..
60s all day..single speed no variator.. Expansion chamber pipe has been on it for 3 years with no issues at all. On top of that its a 64 cc bike and 35 year old design. The expansion chamber pipes work wonders.
Downsouthdio
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Downsouthdio »

I had the yms v8 with a corsa just slapped on.. No boost port match.. Stock intake ports.. Stock transmission besides 6.8 gears..19mm areeche and uni filter andddd listen to this.. Oil pump tie strapped open..i hit 66mph..cast malossi and v8 =nice torque curve/powerband.. Cast malossi is compared to the contesta..i put together a af16e elite. For a friend..contesta/ct/oko28/yms v8/8:4:4/keli clutch/keli vari..oil pump strapped open..64mph.. Multiple times on gps.. Wheelman thats a nice combo
Honda super dio
Corsa
26mm
Sparrow
Downsouthdio
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Downsouthdio »

Ill never go for any other pipe personally besides the scorpion..on a 72cc ive had a tecnigas,yms v8,pg long, and scorpion.. All in that order.. There isnt even a comparison with the scorpion to the others..ridiculous power for 72cc
Honda super dio
Corsa
26mm
Sparrow