aero 1984 almost finish

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

Renegade1904
Noob
Noob

Re: aero 1984 almost finish

Post by Renegade1904 »

Looks like the 1960's 'MOD' Scooters seen in the UK. They were usually Italian like Vespa, Lambretta etc. Very reminiscent of that type of Scooter.
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

mmeadows wrote:for the most part im going to call bs. i just happened to click on a random pass date page and saw this thread.

that cant be an ab07 engine. they do not make those parts and this guy just fell off the earth

i might just be jealous because i do want to do this to my aero soooooooooooooooooooooo bad.

That site is working just fine. True, that AB07 is difficult to find parts for. This is why I started to part out the 83 I have.
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

your aero lacks one thing=the only gear ratio offered at that time= my aero is a gift from god and people love what i build :smile:
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

your aero lacks one thing=the only gear ratio offered at that time= my aero is a gift from god and people love what i build :smile:
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
mmeadows
Elite
Elite

Post by mmeadows »

well if this is honestly is a ab07 ( 83-84) aero. then it is not lacking in gears. the stock gears on those aeros are 7.9:1 i think. but the engine doesn't have the power it needs for those stock.

i might be putting my foot in my mouth soon, i think those big bore kits do exist, or aleast did at one point. if so, ill really have to re-think some of the choices i have made. :werd:
84 Aero af05e Ruckus variator, rear metro wheel, Leovince pipe ( work in process... porting , nh80 reeds intake carb)
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

swap a dio problem solved :2thumbs:
mmeadows
Elite
Elite

Post by mmeadows »

i think we lost the person who stared this form but does anyone know where to get that seat for a rear passenger
84 Aero af05e Ruckus variator, rear metro wheel, Leovince pipe ( work in process... porting , nh80 reeds intake carb)
two4one
Goped
Goped

Post by two4one »

Looks really good! Reminds me of a throwback GP racer.
mtully27
BMX
BMX

Post by mtully27 »

hi sorry im late late the engine is a ab07 ... and the big bore kit was fitting well with the screw ... only problem was the bottom side was way to large so my machinist friend told me he could full the hole on side but i say no i take the cylinder and give it to a forge that work like or ancestor he fullfill the side and give a curvy shape on the inside of the skirt he know was hes doing that work like rocket right now only problem is at high rpm i think its a little pressure lostand also the gas tank to small for long ride ...i could do better than 85kmh but way to slow in acceleration so 75 kmh high speed with good start great with that is the weight of this bike ,so light its like big chainsaw with wheels...but i think i could do better ...? because the kit was only 48mm piston ...im an industiel drawer (2 month school finish...im army veteran but time passing slow so i get back to school for personal not want to work in that just make my own part )

so im in building my own cylinder plan right now its will be long before i will finish in making because also need a new connecting rod ,and im working for friend part fitting a sled motor on a small cesna plane ,

also build my own will cost high price for a big quality piece metal i could take to 5 cylinder build for the perfect match ,i choose nickasil its very good alloy(like suzuki older motor) ,if everything goes right i could sell to someone need ...but also its not a power motor so consider swaping is better ...ab07 accept the clutch system of the dio or yamaha and the vario for 10$ machinist work on the variator canon to get exact inner diameter of original.
nb50m 1984
bbk malossi fonte 70cc 47.0mm
nh80 reed and intake
variator malossi multivar mhr
7.5 roller
cdi unit
RMS clutch bell
polini speed clutch 3g
exhaust doppler s3r
booster doppler
air filter doppler
shock absorber doppler racing