nb50 aero/vision project

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

uk-visionsa50
Spree
Spree

Re: nb50 aero/vision project

Post by uk-visionsa50 »

few small updates but no pictures, ive removed the kickstart because it was the thing causing the variator problems, one of the teeth on a shaft ? in there has stripped meaning it wont go back into place after its engaged with the variator pulley plate, so i just totally removed it, there are no replacement parts available for the kickstart over here at all, im waiting on a battery charger as my old one gave up the ghost and wont work on any of my batterys, once i get it, ill charge the battery up and hopefully take the scooter for a very long ride, it needs it being sat for just over a month cant of done it much good, cosmetics wise i have a few plans for it, it will be staying white and it wont be getting a complete respray, im going to paint the wheels, exhaust,variator cover and rear rack black, im hoping to have the front fender repainted in the next few days, for a few other things like the cubby hole door on the side, the glovebox door, front brake covers, speedometer surround etc i will be doing something ive never seen done on here, and ive gone through literally all the builds. hoping it turns out well,a few people may not like me for what im planning to do, it * alot of people off when i did the same thing with my aprillia rs50, my aim is to get it looking tidy and get it looking a little unique. ill post some before/process and after pictures once ive got it all done. :smile:
A good toolkit is a hammer and a condom. If the hammer doesn't fix it, Use the condom to f**k it!
redvisionmonster
BMX
BMX

Post by redvisionmonster »

cant wait to see this, if your going to do what i think your going to do this should turn out good,you still planning on selling it after you get that sa50 you was on about ?
current scooters/bikes :-
1992 honda sa50-m vision (elite) - occasional rider/project
2000 suzuki AN 650 AK7 BURGMAN - daily ride
1999 Kawasaki ZX6R Ninja ZX600-G2 - weekend thing
2005 Suzuki GSX 1300R Hayabusa - something to annoy the girlfriend
uk-visionsa50
Spree
Spree

Post by uk-visionsa50 »

redvisionmonster wrote:cant wait to see this, if your going to do what i think your going to do this should turn out good,you still planning on selling it after you get that sa50 you was on about ?

yeah youve seen the rs50 aint you ? gonna do the same to this as i did to the frame, forks and wheels on the rs. depends, i gotta call my insurance company to get insured on the sa50 yet so i can ride it home, if i can insure both of them for less than £600 a year then yer ill keep it if not then its byebye nb50
A good toolkit is a hammer and a condom. If the hammer doesn't fix it, Use the condom to f**k it!
uk-visionsa50
Spree
Spree

Post by uk-visionsa50 »

so few little things goin on, decided to give the scoot a good service, got all the stuff together, new ngk spark plug, will gap it according to the manual, changing the spark plug cap to a red ngk one, got new air filter element, going to decarbonize the exhaust by burning it along with some rubbish, new exhaust gasket will be going on, going to change the gear oil, grease the wheel bearings, lubricate the brake cables, going to change the brake pads and change the tyres while im at it as my tyres are only just legal and were a advisory on the last mot. ive got everything here ready and ive spent around £150 on everything, but its worth it, also got some mirrors coming wich are in the pics below aswell as some 8mm-10mm adaptors because the ones on there have bolts snapped inside of them. got a 12v lighter socket and a new gps case coming wich ill hopefully get next week, some pics of the mirrors below. the mirrors are only temporary and will probably go on another scooter when i get some oem mirrors or just stay as a spare set seeing as my mirrors are always "going missing" at work.
Attachments
mirror adaptor
mirror adaptor
MA0006-5.jpg (55.68 KiB) Viewed 5963 times
MA0006-1.jpg
MA0006-1.jpg (59.71 KiB) Viewed 5963 times
MA0006-3.jpg
MA0006-3.jpg (67.84 KiB) Viewed 5963 times
redvisionmonster
BMX
BMX

Post by redvisionmonster »

with the crazy stuff you do on our rides im not surprised the tyres are nearly illegal, doing burnouts at traffic lights, riding down paths the scooter isnt made for and ripping it across the fields. your nuts, about time you started treating it better lol, need any help with the servicing ? i actually quite like those mirrors 8) get some recent pics of her up !!
current scooters/bikes :-
1992 honda sa50-m vision (elite) - occasional rider/project
2000 suzuki AN 650 AK7 BURGMAN - daily ride
1999 Kawasaki ZX6R Ninja ZX600-G2 - weekend thing
2005 Suzuki GSX 1300R Hayabusa - something to annoy the girlfriend
uk-visionsa50
Spree
Spree

Post by uk-visionsa50 »

small update for now, pictures will be up later, hopefully. got all the servicing done, also recieved my new mirrors today and they look ok but im not 100% keen on them so they will get changed soon, also got my silverline trickle charger so im charging the battery as i type and hopefully i can fire it up and take it for a nice long ride later. also, my steering lock was broken, took the ignition out and swapped it with a spare i had, steering lock now works.
uk-visionsa50
Spree
Spree

Post by uk-visionsa50 »

Last edited by uk-visionsa50 on Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uk-visionsa50
Spree
Spree

Post by uk-visionsa50 »

Last edited by uk-visionsa50 on Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uk-visionsa50
Spree
Spree

Post by uk-visionsa50 »

Last edited by uk-visionsa50 on Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uk-visionsa50
Spree
Spree

Post by uk-visionsa50 »

Last edited by uk-visionsa50 on Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uk-visionsa50
Spree
Spree

Post by uk-visionsa50 »

Last edited by uk-visionsa50 on Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uk-visionsa50
Spree
Spree

Post by uk-visionsa50 »

Last edited by uk-visionsa50 on Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uk-visionsa50
Spree
Spree

Post by uk-visionsa50 »

Last edited by uk-visionsa50 on Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uk-visionsa50
Spree
Spree

Post by uk-visionsa50 »

Last edited by uk-visionsa50 on Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uk-visionsa50
Spree
Spree

Post by uk-visionsa50 »

got my mirrors and got them on a while ago, im waiting on a gasket for the variator case and im waiting for my kickstart to come, until then im gonna carry on with stickering it and i might get the wheels off in the next week or two to do something different with those too, i like to be different to everyone else cos im a little bit nuts :smile: